How long does it take for 80 proof vodka to dissolve diazepam?

[jo...]

I know that I should use 2 ml of 80 proof vodka to dissolve 1 mg of diazepam.  My question is how long do I let the diazepam sit in the vodka to be sure it is completely dissolved before adding the water.  Also, does this time frame vary from how many 2 mg or 5 mg pills I am dissolving in the vodka?  In other words, how do you know when your pill or pills are dissolved enough before you add the water to make the final solution?

Thanks

I know that I should use 2 ml of 80 proof vodka to dissolve 1 mg of diazepam.  My question is how long do I let the diazepam sit in the vodka to be sure it is completely dissolved before adding the water.  Also, does this time frame vary from how many 2 mg or 5 mg pills I am dissolving in the vodka?  In other words, how do you know when your pill or pills are dissolved enough before you add the water to make the final solution?

Thanks

Hi, I do not know the exact time, but it is not very long, I would guess about 5 minutes, I usually just place it and add the Valium and go do something for a few minutes, and come back, and shake my little bottle, and it has dissolved to my naked eye, then I add the water, give a shake and put lid on and done, I do not draw up a dose until the next day, so sure that it is dissolved. I never really worried about it, just followed what I did each time I made a new solution. Hope this helps. 💖 Peace and Healing.

jojo, what begood said.  :smitten:

I just left mine for a couple of minutes. However, if you are going to be using 5 mgs of valium, I would definitely add more vodka. I was using 2 mls for 1 mg of valium. You might want to bump your vodka up to 10 mls. And I don't think you need to wait longer than a few minutes even for the larger amount of valium. 

Phoenix, I don't know about PG, sorry.

Katz

Thanks everyone for the replies.

I have been doing what you all have suggested, so it seems we are all on the same page.

The reason I asked was because after 5-10 minutes of the pill sitting in the vodka, there would still be small particles that did not dissolve.  I am guessing these are the fillers in the pill and not the actual diazepam?

JoJo :smitten:

Thanks everyone for the replies.

I have been doing what you all have suggested, so it seems we are all on the same page.

The reason I asked was because after 5-10 minutes of the pill sitting in the vodka, there would still be small particles that did not dissolve.  I am guessing these are the fillers in the pill and not the actual diazepam?

JoJo :smitten:

Once in a while mine would do that too. If you increase the Valium for each 1mg you would add 2ml more of Vodka and so forth. I leave my brew on the counter and as it sits it becomes very clear. :)

I am guessing these are the fillers in the pill and not the actual diazepam?

Yup. Them's the binders and fillers and so on. They won't dissolve. In my "home brew" they just fell to the bottom of my beaker.

:smitten:

Katz

I am guessing these are the fillers in the pill and not the actual diazepam?

Yup. Them's the binders and fillers and so on. They won't dissolve. In my "home brew" they just fell to the bottom of my beaker.

Katz

lol that's how my people talk back home! you just took me backa few decades! some of the family say "they'ns" and there'ns"

One thing I forgot to ask.  Is 80 proof (40% alcohol) vodka strong enough to completely dissolve the pills, or should I use a higher proof alcohol such as 100 proof vodka or even everclear?

Thanks again

JoJo

jojo, I used 80 proof vodka all throughout my taper. It is definitely adequate. You could use Everclear if you wanted to . . . but I don't/didn't see the need.

Hope this helps.

Katz

fyi- 1ml of Everclear will easily dissolve 10mg of Valium. For those at higher doses this may be the desirable choice when concerned about using alcohol. According to this graph drafted by our buddy SG57, 1ml of everclear will dissolve 37mg of Valium, 6mg of Klonopin, 17mg lorazepam and 31mg of Librium. While the volume of 1ml of everclear is not adequate to submerse a large number of tablets(37mg) one still could use considerably less alcohol to make a solution if using alcohol as a solvent was a concern. Just wanted to share this info.

fyi- 1ml of Everclear will easily dissolve 10mg of Valium. For those at higher doses this may be the desirable choice when concerned about using alcohol. According to this graph drafted by our buddy SG57, 1ml of everclear will dissolve 37mg of Valium, 6mg of Klonopin, 17mg lorazepam and 31mg of Librium. While the volume of 1ml of everclear is not adequate to submerse a large number of tablets(37mg) one still could use considerably less alcohol to make a solution if using alcohol as a solvent was a concern. Just wanted to share this info.

I love that graph, but it represents how much pure drug will dissolve in solvent, not how long it takes for pills to deconstruct and allow the drug to dissolve.

I haven't been able to find a citation for this, but my experience with 1 mg of valium and 2 ml of vodka was that within 2 minutes (when I first started my DLMT I timed this as I was nervous) the pill had broken up in the alcohol. I swished the gluey mess around, then added water. As I got more experienced with making my "witches' brew", I dropped my 1 mg of valium in the 2 ml of vodka, stepped away from my bathroom sink and did a few things, then came back to add the water. I got more relaxed about the whole procedure.

Begood earlier in this thread figured it took about 5 minutes.

Hope this helps. It's not scientific . . . just my experience.

Katz

I love that graph, but it represents how much pure drug will dissolve in solvent, not how long it takes for pills to deconstruct and allow the drug to dissolve.

jojodancer

Re: How long does it take for 80 proof vodka to dissolve diazepam?

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2019, 07:55:01 pm »

One thing I forgot to ask.  Is 80 proof (40% alcohol) vodka strong enough to completely dissolve the pills, or should I use a higher proof alcohol such as 100 proof vodka or even everclear?

Thanks again

JoJo

The "fyi" was referencing this ^ post. Guess I should have quoted it. Sorry for any confusion.