crossover ativan to clonazepam

[to...]

I have been attempting to taper 0.75mg ativan for the past month . Initially went down from 0.75mg to 0.625mg which was way too big of a jump, went back to 0.75mg to stabilize.  After 2 weeks there and stabilizing, started taper again. even a 0.01 decrease causes a lot of symptoms. 

My Dr. suggested crossover to 0.5 mg clonazepam(0.25mg 2x day).  I found this in a previous post.

"I would try to crossover in .25mg Ativan stages.  This would be .25mgs of Ativan substituted to .125mg of Klonopin.

I would not try to just drop the Ativan/Xanax one day and suddenly be on all Klonopin.  In my opinion, this could destabilize your CNS and it could take quite a while to regain the lost stability."

I took my first 0.25mg dose of clonazepam this morning at 6am.  I wake up in pain every day at 5-6am(due to brain injury and WD symptoms).  I actually was able to fall back asleep with the clon which was very nice, but woke up feeling a little more groggier than normal. 

I'm not exactly sure how to implement the crossover if I don't want to just drop off the ativan completely.  Thanks for any suggestions and yes I realize I'm ultimately responsible for what to do. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have been attempting to taper 0.75mg ativan for the past month . Initially went down from 0.75mg to 0.625mg which was way too big of a jump, went back to 0.75mg to stabilize.  After 2 weeks there and stabilizing, started taper again. even a 0.01 decrease causes a lot of symptoms. 

My Dr. suggested crossover to 0.5 mg clonazepam(0.25mg 2x day).  I found this in a previous post.

"I would try to crossover in .25mg Ativan stages.  This would be .25mgs of Ativan substituted to .125mg of Klonopin.

I would not try to just drop the Ativan/Xanax one day and suddenly be on all Klonopin.  In my opinion, this could destabilize your CNS and it could take quite a while to regain the lost stability."

I took my first 0.25mg dose of clonazepam this morning at 6am.  I wake up in pain every day at 5-6am(due to brain injury and WD symptoms).  I actually was able to fall back asleep with the clon which was very nice, but woke up feeling a little more groggier than normal. 

I'm not exactly sure how to implement the crossover if I don't want to just drop off the ativan completely.  Thanks for any suggestions and yes I realize I'm ultimately responsible for what to do.

Are you still taking the Ativan .75mg plus the .25mg of Klonopin? What exactly are you doing? btw .5mg of Klonopin is the equivalent to 1mg Ativan.

Todayistomorrow33-

What is your doctor's rationale for switching you to Klonopin? 

It seems to me that switching from Ativan to Klonopin is a major step backward if you're trying to get off bentos.