Author Topic: Mornings are a horror, Why?  (Read 583 times)

[Buddie]

Mornings are a horror, Why?
« on: November 02, 2019, 09:35:03 pm »
I dread going to sleep because my mornings are so bad. Iím filled with fear, anxiety, trepidation. Iím cold and dizzy. Itís horrible. I canít schedule any meetings before noon. It takes until noon or later before I feel like a human being. Is it like this for anyone else and what can I do to make it better?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Mornings are a horror, Why?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2019, 09:54:14 pm »
Same for me too and seems as I continue to Taper it gets worse.

Dr. Berg said that B1 with a fat blocks cortisol.  You could try that...helps a little and NAC also helps .......it controls Glutamate Excess and does great things too.  But ya still have sxs ...just not as severe.  And yes, it lasts for me till 11 a.m or 12.  Every Day.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2019, 04:05:43 pm »
I found this on the forum several years ago, I'm not sure it applies to you, but here it is.

MORNING ANXIETY

Depression and anxiety are worse in the morning. That is when your body's cortisol level is the highest (cortisol is stimulating) and that accounts for probably part of what you are feeling. Cortisol is the stress hormone, your body produces when you are under stress.

The paradox of stress/cortisol is that anxiety produces cortisol, which produces anxiety which produces more cortisol, which causes you to feel more anxious...etc....

Soon you find yourself in this never ending cycle of anxiety and depression.

What you must do to get well is ACCEPT your anxiety. You must ACCEPT your feelings and not try to fight them. Do this long enough and an interesting thing happens, the anxiety goes away."

Deanne Repich from her article Understanding Early Morning Anxiety says,

"Another reason why symptoms can be worse in the morning is because your blood sugar is low when you first wake up. You have gone all night without food.

It's important to maintain a constant blood sugar level because the brain uses sugar, also known as glucose, as its fuel. If blood sugar levels are too low or drop too fast, then the brain starts running out of fuel.

This causes the brain to trigger the "fight or flight" response. The "fight or flight" response sends a rush of adrenaline, cortisol, and other neurotransmitters through your body to prepare you to fight or flee the perceived threat (low fuel).

This process can trigger physical reactions ("symptoms") such as trembling, rapid heartbeat, sweating, panic attacks, fatigue, insomnia, mental confusion, nervousness, dizziness, and more."

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2019, 05:20:04 pm »

I read that eating a carb before bed helps.  Do you think that's true?

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2019, 07:50:57 pm »
I eat carbs as soon as i wake up and that helps me, also getting out of bed and moving around seems to help burn off the cortisol.

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2019, 07:53:13 pm »
Thank you [...],I'll try that tomorrow. :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2019, 09:59:19 pm »
What about being so cold all the time. Especially in the morning. I dread getting out of bed and end up going back in like 10x. Iím like this until mid day. Thanks for your responses about morning anxiety!

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2019, 11:36:00 pm »
What about being so cold all the time. Especially in the morning. I dread getting out of bed and end up going back in like 10x. Iím like this until mid day. Thanks for your responses about morning anxiety!
same! I'm always shivering, even in my hoodie, inside.  i think a side effect is temperature sensitivity i believe i read that somewhere once

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2019, 12:38:29 am »
YES! All of this. Mornings are brutal. Hate to go to sleep because I know what the a.m. will be like. Can't even find the words.

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2019, 12:46:59 am »
Yes, I wake up in withdrawals and have a bad time.  I take my morning dose and exercise on an empty stomach while it settles in.  Seems to help me.