updose?

[mi...]

Hi everyone,

Ive made quite a bit of progress since my last posts. However, I think im in tolerance, still taking .5mg of Klonopin 2x a day. I have a dilemma, I have a huge gathering with friends I haven't seen in some time this weekend and ive been experiencing a lot of anxiety and an occasional panic attack.

My doctor said if im having a really bad day its ok to take a little more klonopin. However in the past 4 months I haven't done that (yet) regardless of all my horrible days but this weekend im thinking about taking just a little piece extra because im afraid my anxiety and panic is going to take over. I would probably only take a quarter to a half of a pill more for that day then just go back to my regular dose the next day. does any one think that will mess me up more? or should I be ok?

has anyone done that before? I just don't want to mess up my progress, sorry for the long post

Thank you!

missbeach,

That is a difficult decision for you to make. I personally would not updose.  I would try to find a way to cope with the additional stimuli and activity. Perhaps by finding a way to 'get away' from the crowd to decompress for a while, finding some 'me' space and time.

In the end, you'll have to decide what is best for yourself.  If you've done OK without the additional doses, you could get through this big weekend as well without taking more.

pianogirl  :smitten:

Anticipatory anxiety, maybe. Decision is yours, I don’t see that it will mess up your taper, however as pianogirl says, maybe there’s another way to cope. You can always leave the option open ...you may find your anxiety is less once your friends are there and the pre-party anxiety is gone.

Have fun!

:smitten:

[9c...]

I would say, try to confront the situation without up dosing. You are open the door to use the drugs in future challenges. You are predicting something that may never happen and loose an opportunity to feel better with friends.

You said you've been progressing, feeling better! use that feeling as a tool to  fight any future discomfort. And if you feel bad, try to go thru it accepting that's the way it is. Don't react to it! If you beat it, you won another battle!

Regards! :thumbsup: