Reducing to 4 mg Valium tomorrow, bedtime 15mg Oxazepam is making me so agitated

[ja...]

Hello all. I  am so glad to be here.  :smitten:

I am cutting to 4mg Valium tomorrow from 4.5mg.  I swapped Clonazepam for 20mg Valium ages ago, to do a direct slow taper after my 2 fast attempts to cut Clonazepam (without info or support) failed miserably.  I'm getting there slow but sure.  Also.  I've been on Oxazepam15mg every night for many years.  It saved my life when Lyme meningitis kept my brain awake for weeks at a time, and I continued on with it because of tinnitus...(ya right and because I became addicted).  So my taper is careening along like most people... sweating and fatigue,  dissociation and depression,  muscle spasms, visual abnormalities,  etc. ect. mixed in with some pretty damn good windows!  I didn't expect to have these windows where I am feeling really good.  Especially at less than 3/4 in! 

Its still a slippery slope and I have to watch my thinking because I can go down the rabbit hole when things get unbearable... I am thinking about suicide less and less which is wonderful.  Being on here and reading how others got through has given me tremendous hope and confidence.

So my plan was - to cut the night Oxazepam when I have finished my Valium day taper.  Good plan, but for the last month its not working out so well.  I take the Oxazepam around 10pm and sleep for about an hour.  I wake very agitated and thrash around for hours sometimes. Its clearly not working.  I have read about kindling and kind of get the gist, but the Valium taper is not causing this kind of vibrating and agitation unless its right after a cut.  I am afraid to try and detox off the Oxazepam now, at night, in case things get too intense.  Last night I had to have a bath and get the hot water bottle, vape and do affirmations so I could grab a few hours troubled sleep in the early morn. 

I would appreciate feedback!  Should I try to go without the Oxazepam and stall the daily taper for a bit??  I am so afraid to fail.