Flu shot

[Tr...]

Hello, it's that time of the year again: the flu season is about to start. Time for my regular flu shot. Should I take it, now that I ' m tapering and have lots of issues? Do you ( or did you) take it?  And how did that work out? Some response would be welcome.

Got flu shot, no problems.

Also had shingles Vax a few months ago. 1st shot felt like someone punched me in the arm. It hurt a few weeks.2nd one no problem.

GP

I got it and first shingles's shot, no issues.

Flu spreading here quickly and its a bad year. 

Hurry, it didn't even hurt my arm.    :)

Got my flu shot a couple weeks ago during withdrawal. Arm hurt a bit and I felt a little nauseous that night but it passed quickly. Got my 1st dose shingles shot yesterday. Arm is sore but no other issues today.

Mary,

My husband and I came down with shingles some years ago.  We were treated and once it was gone we also got the shot.  The shot works well!

Mary,

My husband and I came down with shingles some years ago.  We were treated and once it was gone we also got the shot.  The shot works well!

There were several of us scared to death to have the shingles's shot and one of my friends actually got shingles's during our back and forth.  I felt so awful for her, but I also got the shot the next week and encourage as many as I can to get it. :D.  Then I tell them not to get it in the arm they sleep on  :laugh: 

I got the 1st shingles shot last week. Just a sore arm. Must be a whole lot better than getting shingles. My dad had shingles . . . woo, baby, was he in a bad way!!

Katz

I got the 1st shingles shot last week. Just a sore arm. Must be a whole lot better than getting shingles. My dad had shingles . . . woo, baby, was he in a bad way!!

Katz

My bil got them on his face, spread into his ear and lost part of his hearing.  Truly nothing to mess with  :(

My bil got them on his face, spread into his ear and lost part of his hearing.  Truly nothing to mess with

omg how awful! I read about someone who got ophthalmic shingles (in her eye!!!).  :sick:  Ewwww! I think I made my appointment that same day.

Katz

The needle wasn't the point ( no pun intended).  But how the body might react to more foreign stuff. Being hyper sensitive because of benzo,  I was curious to hear if anyone had had a bad reaction.  Thankfully this was not the case. Thanks.

The needle wasn't the point ( no pun intended).  But how the body might react to more foreign stuff. Being hyper sensitive because of benzo,  I was curious to hear if anyone had had a bad reaction.  Thankfully this was not the case. Thanks.

We know, glad you are okay ;D