Bromazepam tapering (Similar to Diazepam)

[pi...]

Hello guys,

I am on 1.5 mg Bromazepam daily and sometimes 1.5 extra in the night. How i should tapper? My doctor just told me stop ant that’s it  :idiot: I am long time on this dose 5 years something about.

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I am on 1.5 mg Bromazepam daily. But last month i am taking 3 mg daily because i had very bad anxiety. Now with help of my therapist i am under the control. But how i can quit my Bromazepam? I am thinking to cut on 25% for the few week. So in place of 3 mg take 2.25 MG then again cut 25%. Any suggestions? My doc told me just take few weeks 1.5 then just quit. Because dose is very low.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guys I need help. So I am on 1.5 Bromazepam a day (similar thing to Diazepam) how I can reduce further? I don't have scale can I take half of this dose ? It is small half of the pill now.

• 1 month later...

I am now on 1.125 i did 25% cut 3 weeks ago. I feel good only sometimes I sleep bad. But it can be related with SSRI tappering which fail and now I reinstate little bit month ago and kind I have reached stabilisation.

When I should tapper again? Will 25% cut be good again?

I'm sorry to hear you were tapering your SSRI at the same time as the Bromazepam, that makes it difficult to know what symptoms are related to which taper.  Do you feel stable on your SSRI now?  If it were me, I wouldn't cut another 25%, there is no reason to feel this bad if you don't have to.  There is no reason to rush off of the drug, doing this will only leave more healing to be done once the drug is gone. 

You can't speed up this process, your brain has a lot of repair work to do and it can be doing it as you taper hopefully minimizing symptoms, or you can hurt like heck while rushing off of the drug and continue to hurt when you're off.  I know it's a lousy process, but thousands of members have shown us what works and slow and steady wins. 

I'm sorry to hear you were tapering your SSRI at the same time as the Bromazepam, that makes it difficult to know what symptoms are related to which taper.  Do you feel stable on your SSRI now?  If it were me, I wouldn't cut another 25%, there is no reason to feel this bad if you don't have to.  There is no reason to rush off of the drug, doing this will only leave more healing to be done once the drug is gone. 

You can't speed up this process, your brain has a lot of repair work to do and it can be doing it as you taper hopefully minimizing symptoms, or you can hurt like heck while rushing off of the drug and continue to hurt when you're off.  I know it's a lousy process, but thousands of members have shown us what works and slow and steady wins.

Yes I feel almost stable on SSRI. Long story short I was on 20 mg Seroxat tappered down to 6mg in almost 2 years then crashed very bad don't know if I had WD because I experienced only very bad anxiety and panic attacks which I had before SSRi. I will try to do 10 % tapering. Problem is my doctor can't prescribe long term benzos because it's not allowed by the law in my country :(

I wonder if what you experienced with the SSRI may have been wrapped up in tolerance withdrawal from the Bromazepam too, it's so hard to tell what is what with these medications. 

I'm sorry, I didn't know you were having issues with availability of the Bromazepam, this makes it more difficult to know what to do.  If your Dr has worked with you thus far, I'm hoping he'll continue to do so, but if it comes down to him cutting you off, then of course, you'll need to make larger cuts.  Is there anyway of knowing if he can continue to support you?

I wonder if what you experienced with the SSRI may have been wrapped up in tolerance withdrawal from the Bromazepam too, it's so hard to tell what is what with these medications. 

I'm sorry, I didn't know you were having issues with availability of the Bromazepam, this makes it more difficult to know what to do.  If your Dr has worked with you thus far, I'm hoping he'll continue to do so, but if it comes down to him cutting you off, then of course, you'll need to make larger cuts.  Is there anyway of knowing if he can continue to support you?

I have some stock of Bromazepam because doctor always prescribed me 3mg and I used 1.5 mg so I have stock for 2 months now but I will try to explain him about my tappering hope he will understand.

If I will cut 10% how long should I hold on on every but? 2-4 weeks?

My crash was definitely because of SSRI on that time I didn't tappering from Bromazepam. Was just on 1.5 mg daily.

I hope I can tapper this Bromazepam I don't feel any benefit from this dose this is just a habit. And I am happy that my dose is not so high.

How long you hold is totally up to your body, many who taper begin to feel the symptoms after the cut, then as time goes by, perhaps a few days, things begin to settle down and they feel like they can cut again.  Recognizing your body's cues is the key to this, cut when you feel okay, hold when you don't.  I've heard some reductions are easier than others, so they can be done more quickly, others, holding longer is important. 

Do you know your body's cues?

How long you hold is totally up to your body, many who taper begin to feel the symptoms after the cut, then as time goes by, perhaps a few days, things begin to settle down and they feel like they can cut again.  Recognizing your body's cues is the key to this, cut when you feel okay, hold when you don't.  I've heard some reductions are easier than others, so they can be done more quickly, others, holding longer is important. 

Do you know your body's cues?

Yes I know my body cues. Thank you very much for all the information and support!

Keep checking in, and if you lose access to Bromazepam we hope you'll let us help you figure out what to do next.  And please, don't taper from your SSRI until you're long healed from this nightmare. 

• 3 months later...
Long time ago i didn't post here. So far I am still tapering currently I am on 0.3 MG i dont feel anything when i take this dose sometimes i even forgot to take in the morning and taking in the evening I believe i will cut i half now because it's very tiny dose my scale not always register this dose. I had mood swing few months ago but i now so far I am kind of stable i have good days, good sleep I even started exercises and long walks daily.