Looking for Advice on Gabapentin Taper and Withdrawal Symptoms

[Iw...]

I am currently tapering Gabapentin. It is hard to tell what is withdrawal symptoms from the Gabapentin or withdrawal from stopping 18 medications. I am curious what other’s experience and withdrawal symptoms are/were from Gabapentin and the advice you have with tapering. I am currently going down 100mg a week. I was on 2400mg in April and dropped to 800mg. Stopped sometime in June and restarted 1800mg in July. I’ve had so much confusion this summer with withdrawal I wasn’t managing my medications appropriately. I also was attributing withdrawal symptoms to side effects and continued to drop or cold turkey them. By September I was holding at 800mg and recently dropped to 600mg over the last 2 weeks. Having akathisia, severe anxiety (all the symptoms I find on here and have been having for months). The only symptom I know I can attribute to the Gabapentin taper is rage. Is anyone experiencing or experienced this?

Edit: removed text members request:

I'm so sorry nobody is responding...I'm quite clueless myself.

All I know rage is quite a common Benzo wd sx....people who don't take Gabapentin

suffer from it.

Maybe post again on the cold turkey section to get replies...

Rage it a common benzo w/d thing. The term for it is actually benzo rage. I have it but a few months after my benzo w/d started I started tapering Prozac too and went off it thats when it got really bad. I don't think the Prozac caused it but I think coming off the Prozac triggered the benzo w/d worse.

• 3 months later...