Sudden and violent depressive spells

[Sk...]

Aloha BenzoBuddies,

Since I quit benzos mid july 2019, I suffer from very intense and sudden depressive attacks. I would say that I have one per month: one end of august, one end of september and one today.

I had one this morning while walking outside. I felt something doom, a really heavy weight on me, an inability to feel happiness because I was sure that I had no hope left to heal. I was getting an haircut and thought that it would be the last time I would have one. It lasted 1 or 2 hours before calming just a bit. Rest of the time I'm only midly depressed but suffer from a very intense anxiety.

Please tell me I'm not the only one to have this and that it passes. I take no meds right now, and started St John's wort last week.

I'm so scared of being messed up at only 31 years old, I never had this before !

I read about reccurent brief depression and it freaks me out.

Please help me :-[

For the sake of our membership, all references to self-harm and/or harming others have been removed from this thread.

Please click on this link if you are thinking about suicide, self-harm, or harming others: Self-Harm/Ideation (Revised)

Hi Skalliz.

No, you’re not the only one, far from it. This is part of the process for many, if not most. Our thoughts are very hard to regulate and control for awhile. This will get better with time, until then your job is to survive this.  I’m glad this has only hit you a few times.

Take care, you’re young and with some time this will be behind you and you’ll have a long and healthy life ahead.

Challis  :smitten:

• 5 weeks later...
very normal dear.. and it will pass. i damn near took my life so many times. it's just a bad self hypnosis because the truth is, there are so many things out there that can make us feel good and thirst to live. going on prozac helped me. but hang in there, dont do anything silly. it sure passes