Questions before beginning a liquid taper off klonopin using vodka/water

[Be...]

Ok..so I am currently taking 1mg of Klonopin a day. I started at .50 about a year ago and moved up to the 1mg about 6 months ago.

I began having tolerance again. I am now prescribed 2mg tablets but don't want to go any higher and have decided to taper instead. Unfortunately after seeing two doctors I realize I am going to have to do this on my own with my current prescribed dose.

Right now I am cutting the 2mg pill in half and taking 1mg per day (cut in half again for 2 doses daily of .50)

I know that I am most likely not getting a consistent dose because the pills are not scored. I've given up alcohol completely for 3 weeks now, I was having a few glasses of wine or 2 or 3 beers per night when I started having tolerance issues. I have had some withdrawal symptoms, especially in the first 2 weeks as it was probably increasing the effects of my dose..I would also occasionally add .50 to my daily use on really bad days (maybe 1 or twice a week) so that probably added to the increased anxiety and withdrawal symptoms I have had getting back to only 1mg per day too..

But 3 weeks in I feel stabilized on the 1mg per day minus some de-realization and anxiety that I feel comfortable working through.  I had that before starting K and there are better ways to cope with it than these pills.

Anyway, I wanted to try the vodka/water method.

Because the pills are 2mg I would rather make 1 batch and measure it into two days of dosing. I feel that would be more accurate than cutting the pill to make a daily dose.

I've been reading a lot and sometimes it's too much to take in and can be confusing...So this is what I am planning to do.

2mg of K dissolved in 2 mg vodka. Add 398 ml water. Divide that 400ml solution into 2 jars of 200ml (that would be 2 days of doses )

I would dose 100ml twice a day. (1mg k)

I was thinking it would be wise to not cut anything for a few days and just see how I do using liquid doses.

If all seems well I would start cutting.

day 1 I would draw and toss 1mg of solution, so 0.9950 mg K and divided into 2 daily doses.

day 2 I would draw and toss 2mg of solution, so 0.9900mg k divided that into 2 daily doses..

ect..so that I am cutting 1mg of solution each day.

Question I have....I know everyone is different. And no one can really say how fast or slow someone should go, but does this seem too fast? Is my vodka/klonopin ratio correct?

Being on Klonopin a year is long enough that I am definitely dependent on it, but I worry that the longer I stay on, the more damage I do. I definitely have no problem stopping and holding if I feel strong withdrawals. Or new ones I haven't experienced yet. I already know I have the worst time during pms so I could foresee holding during those weeks for sure.

I understand that slow wins the race. But I will be honest that I am also scared that going too slow may cause more damage.

Any advice would be appreciated :)

This is very close to how I do my xanax titration, except I use more vodka.

My recommendation is to shake up your mixture before you withdraw the daily amount out of it.

Your numbers check out.

When you start feeling more confident in making your solutions, you can make up more than 2 days at a time. I dissolve five 0.5 mg xanax pills in 25 mL vodka, let sit overnight, and then add 475 mL water. I take 80 mL a day for my dose, and my batch lasts 5 or 6 days.

As I get lower in my taper, I make my solutions more dilute so that the 1 mL cuts stay at about 1% per day.

Don't let my added explanations confuse you. I think you are on a good start. Focus on starting and the rest will hopefully fall into place. Wishing you a smooth symptom-free taper!