Extreme mental fatigue

[di...]

Hi, I am now 28 days out from my last dose of Xanax. And one of the things I am struggling with the most is extreme mental fatigue. I have a very foggy brain, my mind starts racing and looping at the slightest provocation, and I have tons of tension in my body (head and legs mostly - all on the right side for some reason). These symptoms are there all the time, but get worse from any mental activity I do or even super light physical activity. This means I can only work a few hours a day and have lots  of other limitation. And then I am in this cycle of 1. the racing mind causing 2. the tension in my body and then 3. it all messing up my sleep really badly.

I do a ton of meditation every day just to slow my brain down a bit and release some of the tension. But very quickly after a meditation I can be right back to where I was before the meditation.

Does anyone have experience with these specific mental fatigue symptoms and this cycle that I am describing? Any recommendations?

As background:

Took Klonipen for 4 months, then tapered and quit.

Off for about a month but then started taking low dose of Xanax sporadically (2-3x per week). Only about 0.25 - 0.50 mg

After 4 months of occasional Xanax, got sucked into every day Xanax (0.25mg) for 8 months

Tapered down slowly to 0 Xanax and am Benzo free since Oct 1 2019.

Yes. I've been coming down from Diazepam 20mg/daily for the past year and a half (now on 8.5mg). I've got extreme brain fogginess, can't think straight, racing looping thoughts, obsessive thoughts, dp/DR, etc etc...

I think it will go eventually. Other people have commented that it does diminish in time. The best thing you can do is give yourself a lot of rest and abstain from taking ANYTHING that can interfere with your healing process.

Best of luck to you.