if I micro dose for 1 year will I avoid the horrible withdrawals?

[Cr...]

Hello, I have taking klonopin at 8mg for 25 years. I’m currently tapering at .25mg per month. I’m down to 5mg and I will cross over to liquid Valium once I get to 2mg of klonopin. My doctor is allowing me to take it as slow as possible. I plan on micro dosing for 1 year at around .3% of a drop per day. My doctor wants me to go very slow to avoid the severe withdrawals and PAWS. She told me the slower I go the better chance of avoiding PAWS. I will be using the spreadsheet where I plug in my info and decide how slow I want to go. I’m very sensitive to benzos drops. I vomit uncontrollably and usually end up in the ER getting fluids and Zofram. My doctor has given me a script for the maximum dose of zofram. It works and I appreciate that my doctor is willing to help me anyway she can. I also take something that protects my heart from Tachycardia and high blood pressure associated with the withdrawals. I’m also taking a anti-seizure medication to make sure I don’t seizure. Do you think I have a good taper plan? I want to be successful and get off this poison! So far so good!

Hello, I have taking klonopin at 8mg for 25 years. I’m currently tapering at .25mg per month. I’m down to 5mg and I will cross over to liquid Valium once I get to 2mg of klonopin. My doctor is allowing me to take it as slow as possible. I plan on micro dosing for 1 year at around .3% of a drop per day. My doctor wants me to go very slow to avoid the severe withdrawals and PAWS. She told me the slower I go the better chance of avoiding PAWS. I will be using the spreadsheet where I plug in my info and decide how slow I want to go. I’m very sensitive to benzos drops. I vomit uncontrollably and usually end up in the ER getting fluids and Zofram. My doctor has given me a script for the maximum dose of zofram. It works and I appreciate that my doctor is willing to help me anyway she can. I also take something that protects my heart from Tachycardia and high blood pressure associated with the withdrawals. I’m also taking a anti-seizure medication to make sure I don’t seizure. Do you think I have a good taper plan? I want to be successful and get off this poison! So far so good!

I don't believe anyone on here can assure you that you will not experience horrible withdraws, even at a snails pace.

I was on 5mg Klonopin daily and started my taper this past February 2019. I have been holding at 2mg for 4 months now and I am experiencing days of horrible crap, and then I have days where I'm okay and it's life as usual.

It's advantageous to go slow, you are doing the right thing there. I handle large cuts with long holds better than cutting small and taper again in 2 to 4 weeks. That method isn't working for me.

Another thing I don't do is worry about the smaller doses like .5 and so on (at this time). 2mg is still pretty high. Right now I keep my focus on the day at hand. I don't think too far into the future, and I don't beat myself up from the past.

Best of luck with your taper. It's not a race. We're all getting off benzos but it's a very personal experience. Take your time when you need to. Listen to your body...that will be your best predictor.

i have seen people micro taper and claim it was pretty effortless. not saying you'll feel abolsutely perfect, but micro tapering seems the very best way to go. instead of doing huge cuts of 10% every week/few weeks etc.

i think youre basically doing the same cuts but more gradual, so instead of feeling alright, doing a huge cut and suffering a few weeks, you just slowly slowly chip away daily but at a level you hardly feel it.

but this can be very slow for some