Frozen neck -damn this hurts!

[Cr...]

Hey guys,

I have a very stiff and sore top neck. I'm assuming it's neuropathy from Valium withdrawals. Would I be right in this respect, and is there anything that can be done to alleviate the pain?

It waxes and wanes. One day it will be seriously bad and the next will be no pain whatsoever.

I do have scoliosis though. It could be that, but honestly thinking it's benzo wd.

Thoughts?

Dave.  8)

edit; profanity

Hello,

I can speak to neck/c-spine issues since I've had a cervical fusion at C5-7 due to DDD and nerve damage.

Valium is a very good muscle relaxer. As your dose reduces, the muscles have to learn to relax naturally without chemical intervention.

You might try some warm compresses, not dry heat, but moist heat. I would put a damp washcloth in the microwave, wrap it in a towel and put it on my neck. If your body allows it, some gentle stretches are good.  Massage is also good for tight muscles.

pianogirl  :smitten:

Hello,

I can speak to neck/c-spine issues since I've had a cervical fusion at C5-7 due to DDD and nerve damage.

Valium is a very good muscle relaxer. As your dose reduces, the muscles have to learn to relax naturally without chemical intervention.

You might try some warm compresses, not dry heat, but moist heat. I would put a damp washcloth in the microwave, wrap it in a towel and put it on my neck. If your body allows it, some gentle stretches are good.  Massage is also good for tight muscles.

pianogirl  :smitten:

Thanks Pianogirl!  :thumbsup:

Dave.  8)

I have the same fusion, and my upper cervical joints are more hyper mobile since that fusion.

I have pain like you describe, nothing one day, and terrible the next, but I attribute it to my neck joints which tend to move as I sleep. It’s definitely related to muscle tension, and w/d symptoms, but I have had this to a lesser degree for years.

Walking or walking in a pool help me; when my muscles throughout my body get moving, it often helps my neck to straighten itself out. 

CBD both topically and drops are making it bearable for me. Also I have cloth bags filled with rice that I heat in the microwave and use on whatever body part is most tight. 

Does/did anyone have neck muscles shorten at back and pull head back creati g worse forward head posture and shoulder rigidity?

I have degeneration in neck both discs and facet joints and osteophytes.

Did anyone find neck issues caused severe jaw tightness?

I have the same fusion, and my upper cervical joints are more hyper mobile since that fusion.

I have pain like you describe, nothing one day, and terrible the next, but I attribute it to my neck joints which tend to move as I sleep. It’s definitely related to muscle tension, and w/d symptoms, but I have had this to a lesser degree for years.

Walking or walking in a pool help me; when my muscles throughout my body get moving, it often helps my neck to straighten itself out. 

CBD both topically and drops are making it bearable for me. Also I have cloth bags filled with rice that I heat in the microwave and use on whatever body part is most tight.

Hi Nigella,

I have been using a hot water bottle on the affected area and it has helped. What makes me think it's neuropathy is that it comes and goes, and actually feels like your head is a block of concrete. I have electrical impulses down my left forearm through my nerves. It's irritating and very painful.

Dave.  8)