Looking for buddies that had DPDR before benzos

[Th...]

Hey everyone. I’m looking for buddies or former buddies that had a pre-existing symptom of DPDR before even taking benzos. I see that a lot of people experience DPDR while tapering and during withdrawal but is more of a transient symptom.

hi. i did. i had extreme anxiety during a health scare that ended in DR and panic attacks lasting almost a month. it was transient though, like it wasn't 24/7 as it is in withdrawal. like i would get hit with episodes of DR and panic attacks. then would go back to somewhat normal, then again and again and again.  well after benzos its a different story. now it's 24/7, constant.

I have only had DPDR once when an inpatient detox facility took me off klonopin CT in 06. I think is lasted about 3 days and them my mind slowly went back to normal. It was very scary. I thought I was literally losing my mind.

• 2 months later...

I’m screwed. I had head pressure and DPDR even before benzos

Hi Greek, you not the only one. I have had DPDR twice, and had it before i tapered from Benzos. In 2007 I got DPDR by a drag of a joint, it was a battle with panic attacks and all the terrible symptoms of DPDR and went away in 2011.

Presently, I got DPDR even worse after having a seizure in March 2019 from being poly drugged. Its my most persistent SX's (apart from tinnitus,insomnia and short memory issues), which the DRDP brings on terrible grainy and darkened vision issues. I didn't know that one can get different levels of DPDR, this time being really bad, and it has made me agoraphobic. I find it to difficult to face the public, as the DPDR makes all sensory perception too much and I feel so distant from the world, even from my own child and family. Its terrible, but I have hope, as it has left before, and I am determined that this will pass too.

Of course it is much more difficult when one is tapering as the level of anxiety & fear is so high. As I taper, certain days are worse than others, so bad with intrusive thoughts and some days my mind just goes completely blank, and I dont know if I am Arthur or Martha with a feeling of complete loss of self identity. I really struggle with this, and it keeps me out of work and housebound.

Its a rocky road having this as an added challenge, but I we going to have to pursue this with a lot of determination. Keep hope in mind that this will surpass and good luck with your healing.

I am now middle aged, so blows all the theories that DPDR only happens to the younger generation. You are welcome to PM me any time.

All the best.