Nausea ~ Post Alprazolam Taper ~ Current Clonazepam Taper ~ Propranolol Rx

[Se...]

I’ve been off alprazolam for 17 days now after taking it for more than 10 years.  I’m currently on clonazepam due to a failed crossover.  I’ve decreased the dose (DLMT) from .94mg to .90mg after holding to finish alprazolam taper.  On 10/17/19, I decreased from .94mg to .90mg and dropped to .84mg as of today. .94mg to .84mg is an approximate 10% decrease in ten days.  I’m going to hold at .84mg for the next few days.  Was this too fast...10% in ten days?  Should I micro taper?  I thought being at a higher dose I could cut a bit faster at the beginning of the taper.

I’ve been plagued with nausea before I even began the alprazolam taper. More than likely tolerance.  It hasn’t gotten any better without alprazolam.

I recently started propranolol for early morning anxiety/wake up.  Every morning I wake up at 4 o’clock.  It doesn’t matter what time I go to bed.  It’s not really helping. I was taking 20mg at bedtime but quickly found it was interfering with insomnia (not being able to fall or stay asleep) even more.  My pulse is low....high 50’s and blood pressure 128/78.  I’m not waking up as anxious but I’m waking up earlier.  I’m not sure propranolol isn’t causing more nausea either.  I checked with the pharmacist and he said try splitting the dose...10mg late morning and 10mg near bedtime.  That isn’t making much of a difference either.  With or without food doesn’t seem to matter.  Maybe I need more time for my body to adjust to the propranolol?

I’m equally dosing clonazepam three times a day. I don’t feel any better before or after I take it. 

Any suggestions as to what may improve the constant nausea?  I’ve tried every Rx for nausea and many over the counter remedies.  Nothing helps. 

I don’t know if anxiety is fueling the nausea or the benzo at this point.  Maybe both.  I’m not seeing any improvement whatsoever in my symptoms.  The nausea may be worse.

Hoping for some positive encouragement and maybe a few secret remedies to quell the nausea.

Thanks!

💜

Thanks for the input!

Just kidding. 

I’m amazed people take the time to read but never offer any words of encouragement.  If I read a topic that interests me, I’ll always take time to comment.  It’s what this forum is all about.  Support.

:-[

I'm just reading this now, sept.

I had relentless, overwhelming nausea on my taper. I lost 40 pounds -- couldn't eat. I tried about everything in the world and finally got relief from indica marijuana (not CBD). I figured if it helps cancer patients who are suffering nausea from their chemo, it might help me. It did. I made my own tinctures -- still take some mj for sleep. Fortunately, nausea has gone long ago.

I don't know where you live, but if you can get to an mj dispensary, maybe try some indica edibles to see if you get some relief. If you want to learn how to make a tincture, just PM me.

Good luck. I sure know how awful nausea can be.  :(

Katz

Thanks Katz.  You’ve already sent your recipe. I’m going to look into getting a dispensary card.  It’s just so overwhelming to be constantly nauseated every day for more than a year.  I have zero quality of life.  I’m painfully thin and can’t gain weight.  Eating is an issue due to nausea, food sensitivities and carb intolerance. 

I’m plodding along in my taper hoping for that magic moment when the nausea finally subsides. 

Thanks for taking the time to offer hope and encouragement.

💜

Hi sept. I am just so sorry that you are suffering like this. I suffered in a similar way throughout my taper -- it is unspeakably miserable. BUT . . . I did turn the corner and got my appetite back, and gained back my weight.

I think getting your MM card will open up great possibilities for you.

Hope you get relief soon.

Best to you.

:smitten:

Katz