U-Dream

[Lo...]

Has anybody here used U-Dream? It's an all natural supplement capsule you can buy in many health food stores on or Amazon. Most "natural sleep aids" have never worked for me but this did. It's made in Canada. I have been using it for about 2 months but now I think it's effectiveness is beginning to wear off.  Usually I take these for 2 nights and then 1 night of 1mg ativan as I don't want to take ativan every night for sleep. The original reason I rotated like this is because the U-Dream is kind of expensive...10 capsules are $20. I intersperse ativan now because the U-Dream just isn't doing as good a job as it did in the beginning. Is this usual for natural herbal sleep aids? Does your body get used to them just like they do to benzos?

I took U-Dream for 5 months post withdrawal after 15 years of klonopin for sleep -I only needed the 4-5 hour lite version - it was a miracle for me- Unfortunately I think I overdid it and started getting next day nausea and dizziness- Since I've stopped my sleep has never been worse- Not sure whether it's unique to benzo brain healing or for everyone who uses this-Believe that some of the ingredients might effect the same part of the brain as the benzo.    I showed my doctor, an herbalist, a nutritionist and anyone else who would look at the ingredients and weigh in-  Apparently it is an intense amount of many different herbs & chinese meds- but no one saw any issues - Wish I could use it every night- works better than anything else I've ever used -am desperate for sleep and nothing else works-

Just know that the first listed ingredient in U Dream is passion flower which is supposed to act on GABA receptors. Could be like poking them with a stick while they are trying to equalize during withdrawal.

Just know that the first listed ingredient in U Dream is passion flower which is supposed to act on GABA receptors. Could be like poking them with a stick while they are trying to equalize during withdrawal.

Or it could be like massaging them back to health. We don't know.

It is possible I suppose, but then again...it might just make it harder for then to come back on-line on their own and delay healing. Call it a 50/50 gamble.

It is possible I suppose, but then again...it might just make it harder for then to come back on-line on their own and delay healing. Call it a 50/50 gamble.

We have exactly zero evidence for it either way. I ordered some, I'm going to try it. Wish it wasn't so damn expensive!

We have exactly zero evidence for it either way. I ordered some, I'm going to try it. Wish it wasn't so damn expensive!

Well, after one night I'm guardedly impressed. I slept from 11-ish to 3am, woke up as usual, but then was able to sleep until my alarm went off at 7am. I haven't slept like that in a long time. I'm going to try the UDream again tonight. Hope it wasn't a fluke!

Wish we knew just what mechanism passion flower employs to stimulate sleep. Hopefully it doesn't act on GABA receptors too much like a benzo because there could be a price to pay tomorrow for sleep tonight.

Well, after one night I'm guardedly impressed. I slept from 11-ish to 3am, woke up as usual, but then was able to sleep until my alarm went off at 7am. I haven't slept like that in a long time. I'm going to try the UDream again tonight. Hope it wasn't a fluke!

Ok, didn't sleep quite as long last night, but did get in 5.5 hours of unbroken sleep. Again, I'm cautiously optimistic.

• 2 weeks later...

I am using herbs that are supposed to affect gaba - but how do we know what affect they really have?.  Are there any scientific studies to prove they can halt healing and how can you prove it.  The gaba receptors are microscopic so how can they be monitored for damage or not - anyway all too scientific for me.

However I have read a few accounts of those who have used 'gaba affecting herbs' and still gone on to heal.

I do know from personal experience that if we don't sleep we have very little hope of healing, so I am taking the risk.  I do rotate herbs  and also take amino acids and an antihistamine otherwise I would get no sleep, and I am terrified to take anything like mirtazapine (tried it) as this means yet another thing to withdraw from and alters the brain.

That's my two cents worth.

Agree with you-- mirtazapine is horrid.

Got me into this mess.

Quite a few seem to use gabapentin tho... hmmm.  Agree with no sleep hard to heal.  Was always my issue:  sleep.

• 1 month later...

You probably know this already but just in case- U-Dream has been recalled -they found a substance with the molecular structure of zopiclone - a powerful z- drug that requires withdrawal- 

So many of us have been taking- search U-Dream on this site  and you can see all of our conversations-

Good luck

It's got something similar to what's in Lunesta- a z-drug- it's variation of  zopiclone ( z-drug not sold in US I believe)  They don't know how much is in it- that's the biggest problem now- Am tapering but afraid of going through the hell again-  Thousands have been taking it in Canada- a big problem -

• 2 weeks later...

U-Dream ingredients from manufacturers website:

Passionflower (Passiflora incarnata, herb top)

Full Night formula 110mg / Lite formula 100mg

Orange Extract (Citrus sinensis, Fruit)

Full Night Formula 85mg / Lite Formula 85mg

Loquat (Eriobotrya japonica, Fruit)

Full Night Formula 65mg / Lite Formula 75mg

Jujube (Ziziphus jujuba, Seed)

Full Night Formula 45mg / Lite Formula 35mg

Lion’s Mane (Hericium erinaceus, Mycelia)

Full Night Formula 30mg / Lite Formula 25mg

L-Tryptophan (Tryptophan)

Full Night Formula 30mg / Lite Formula 30mg

Schisandra (Schisandra chinensis, Fruit)

Full Night Formula 25mg / Lite Formula 20mg

Rehmannia (Rehmannia glutinosa, Root)

Full Night Formula 15mg / Lite Formula 25mg

Fo-Ti (Reynoutria or Polygonum multiflora, Root)

Full Night Formula 15mg / Lite Formula 25mg

Curcumin extract (Turmeric, Curcuma)

Full Night Formula 18mg / Lite Formula 18mg

Of all the ingredients, only Passionflower has been known to possibly affect GABA or perhaps increase it?  https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/323795.php

The bulk are traditional Chinese herbs used for overall health.