Tingling and spasming in buttocks/glutes and sacrum area

[Aj...]

Anyone else.

This worries me as had surgery at L5/S1 that lead to Benzos due to Cauda Equina issues.

It feels like it pulls all buttock muscles around and tingling and numbness there and around vagina.

Hi Ajusta.  It could be “paresthesia” which is burning, tingling, pins and needles sensations.  I’ve had it since before my taper began.  Mine is usually in both my arms and occasionally light tingles in my face.  Some days are more intense than others but it’s always there.

It’s pretty common during benzo tolerance/withdrawal/tapering. 

I don’t know if it’s what you have or why it may be showing up now, but it’s harmless.  Annoying but harmless.

Hope this helps.

SG

💜

I don’t think.  That could be a symptom of withdrawal too as benzos do affect muscles.  I’ve had twitching in different muscle groups but nothing that lasted too long.

I recently had a twitch in my left eye that lasted more than a week.  It just stopped by itself. That could be from fatigue or just about anything.

I’m sorry I don’t have answers.

SG

💜

I have had exactly what you are describing, ajusta! It’s very painful! I went to my primary care doc and he said it was a pulled muscle. I think it was withdrawal. He did give me some pain meds that helped, and I used a heating pad and rested for days. It finally went away. I hope yours gets better soon. :thumbsup:

Anyone else.

This worries me as had surgery at L5/S1 that lead to Benzos due to Cauda Equina issues.

It feels like it pulls all buttock muscles around and tingling and numbness there and around vagina.

Ajusta...

I’ve been thinking about this.  Several years ago, I had sciatica.  It was painful, burning and did extend to the vaginal area on occasion. The pain was on my right butt cheek and down the back of my right thigh.  It did tighten and pull too.

After months of suffering, I got relief in an unconventional method.

I laid flat on my stomach and my husband used his elbow in pressured, circular motions to “massage” my right butt cheek. It was so painful but after a few “treatments”, the nerve that was being compressed released and I had relief.

It sounds odd but it worked well! 

I also tried rest, ice, heat, stretching.  I would lay on the floor and pull my knee to my chest and hold.  Several reps.  I would also keep my feet flat on the ground and reach for my toes but just hang in that position for at least two minutes at a time.  That stretched the back of my leg the most.  Stretching was painful. 

I may be way off base but it was a thought. 

I hope you feel better soon..

SG

💜

I have had buttock spasms and pain, that spreads into my rectum and gets really painful, since BEFORE tapering, but I’m wondering If the klonopin was causing it when I was on it and then it got worse when I started tapering.  I don’t know.  I just use a heating pad all the time and hope it goes away when taper is done.  If you search, you will find other similar reports of this. 

I have a lot of similar symptoms, mine seem to originate in my low back, sacrum area and affect me down my legs and especially my feet. The sensation is intense muscle spasms and twisting.

I experience this as a withdrawal symptom, although I had it before I started tapering, but I think that was a side effect of the Xanax I was on or symptom of inter dose withdrawal.

I’m coming off a back surgery 2 years ago, which can cause similar symptoms, so it’s not clear exactly what’s happening. I will say that during periods where I’ve held at the same dose for a few days, my symptoms are less.

I take CBD oil that helps a lot with the spasms, twisting and pain.