Need a taper plan for Gabapentin Please

[Fi...]

My friend is in extreme pain due to so many health issues I can’t even bare to list everything. Needless to say her doctor put her Gabapentin and she is now up to 900 mgs a day. She has witnessed what I have gone through the last 2 and a half years, sees how gravely I still suffer now and has decided to taper off of it in the hopes she won’t reap any of the long term effects it can cause. I have tried to find a plan online and can’t to find one that would work for her, I’m hoping one of the admins can please help. I’m really looking to save her from as much pain as possible, she can’t walk as it is and I can’t have her endure one ounce more. Many thanks for your help

BenzoBuddies is a benzodiazepine tapering forum, but we do have a gabapentin withdrawal support group. The most recent posts can be found here.

Interestingly, I was just looking for gabapentin tapering information for myself today and came across this:

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/2309-tips-for-tapering-off-neurontin-gabapentin/

Lots of helpful information there. :thumbsup:

For what it's worth, I tapered off gabapentin once before, many years ago, and did not find it difficult. I'm being more cautious this time around because I am still recovering from my very difficult benzo taper. Your friend may not have trouble any getting off, but I would still recommend a cautious approach.

Gardie :)

Hi Gardie,

Thanks for reaching out, I’ve been on benzo buddies for 2 and half years but after seeing her struggle so badly I thought I would ask here to see if anyone could help and thankfully you responded. I’m going to forward the info to her and I’m so relieved to hear you tapered if Gabapentin before and didn’t have any issues. I’m hoping it will be that same for her. Thanks so much again!