valium making me sick

[md...]

My Valium has not only making me sick but major depression. Dr wants to switch to Ativan to complete taper as it is the only benzo that did not make me ill? Thinking that sounds risky, should I just be miserable and sick with 1 hour sleep per night? Any advise?

I'm so sorry you are enduring this.  I had issues many years with PP depression which left me not sleeping but about 1-2 hours per night for many months.  I don't know what the answer for you might be.....I'm struggling myself.  I was having major SX on Klonopin and am trying to cross to Valium for the longer half life, hoping that will help.  Many things are better but I'm starting to have more issues with sleep again and hyperacusis, which are worrisome to me. 

Many many years ago during my episode with PP depression when I was on benzos for just about 3-4 months, I was on Ativan, then Klonopin (which didn't work at the time), went back to Ativan and Trazadone combo and tapered off fairly quickly and got better quickly.  I only took the med 1X per day, at night, and I was a whole lot younger then.  I AM NOT suggesting that this would be a good idea or solution for you - I do not know the answer to that. 

What I am dealing with now is a whole different beast, I am quite severe, and I have come to learn that these meds are completely unpredictable and there is not always a good solution as everyone; everyone has a different experience.  But in general, the sooner that you can tolerate coming off (not a CT), the better, if you have not been on very long. 

I tapered off Ativan (crossed over to Valium for a little while then crossed back) and I liked it better because if you tapered too fast you knew it sooner than you did with Valium.  There's a support group just for people tapering off Ativan.

• 2 weeks later...
I was thinking of going back on Ativan but how long does it take to stabilize? Do you have to start at a higher dose? I'm at 5mg of Valium right now and it really is bad, making me depressed anxious and not helping with sleep.