Thinking about re-instating!!

[Ro...]

Hello All,

I have been completely off of clonazepam since february 2019, and have just recently completed what i now think may have been a too fast taper of effexor/venlafaxine.

I took my last dose of effexor at the end of August 2019 and this past Sunday got walloped with anxiety!! It has waxed and waned since then, but never completely gone away and sometimes seems to even be getting worse, like this morning when i woke at 5am with 10/10 anxiety!!

I am so angry that this is happening to me and the little pills in my cupboard are calling my name!

I was considering taking a small dose of clonazepam to help deal with this, justifying it tomyself that since i had such a comparatively easy time tapering it down the first time that a one time dose won't do me any harm!

Please talk me off the ledge!

Your anxiety is just withdrawal from your other meds, it will lift eventually but taking a benzo will just add to your brain’s stress.  Benzos do not help heal the brain in any way.  The good thing about Effexor is while the withdrawal anxiety is hard, it won’t last like a benzo withdrawal.  Once you’re on the other side of this bout of anxiety, you will be able to handle anything.  This could be your last big withdrawal battle, you’re so close!!! It’s darkest before the dawn, just hold on for a few days then reevaluate.

I was just so happy to be free from everything and i felt so great! My benzo withdrawal was exceptionally easy compared to most, as was my effexor withdrawal, i haven't experienced anxiety like this in so long and it appeared so quickly and intensely, it shattered me!

I thought i was completely on he other side, shocking that this has come on almost two whole months after my last dose of effexor.

Just keep in mind that the damage is thought to be cumulative. Many of us here have learned that benzo withdrawal gets worse each time you reinstate. This isn’t true for all of us but it is for many of us. Ashton said herself that reinstating or updosing didn’t appear to make any sense. It may not even work and you may end up worse. I really would not reinstate. You will heal. I am sorry you are going through this. I don’t believe there is a quick fix. Please stay strong.

Rosabell:

the little pills in my cupboard are calling my name!

If it were me, Rosa (and it was me at one time  ;)) I would get rid of those little pills. Most pharmacies have a take-back/dispose program. Get them out of your house.

Because if you don't, every time you get an episode of serious anxiety, you will think about reaching for them. imo one of the things we need to learn after our excursion into benzo hell is that pills do not fix anxiety. Anxiety is part of life. I had to learn how to deal with it -- we can handle anxiety without pills.

So . . . whatever lingering effects you may be experiencing from your drug withdrawal will pass, Rosa. Mine did. I had to taper off two additional meds after benzos, and the rotten w/d effects eventually passed.

But you'll do yourself a favor imo if you remove those seductive little pills from your closet.

Best to you,

:smitten:

Katz

thank you everyone for the support,

it is so nice to come to a place where others know the hell you are going through.

I won't take a pill, i just needed somebody else to say it besides myself!

So glad to hear you are deciding not to take it!👏👏👏.

I agree with the previous poster, anxiety comes and goes for everyone.  Its probably more severe as we are still fragile but you are getting stronger everyday and these episodes should lessen,  although, some anxiety is a part of life.  Congrats on your progress!!

Katz and JJ,

I know i need to clear them out, and it has been on my mind for a long time now. But, as most can relate i am sure, there is that fear factor of not having the safety net if things start to go super sideways! Even though, i know that taking one of those pills will just put me back months or years from where i am now.

i spent so long always knowing and planning and making sure that they were there when i needed to take them so i wouldn't go off the deep end, now it is hard to break free completely.

It will happen, i think once i get over this particular hump, a trip to drop them off at the pharmacy will be made!

Sending you strength and love my dear!  Breathe slowly - deep breath.... hold for a count of four, exhale....repeat.  I used to teach this in treatment centers and it helps to calm.  Sometimes anxiety will cause your breathing to get all out of whack which makes things worse.  One of my tapering/craving anxiety attacks lasted 7 hours.  There was no situation or dialog that went with it.... just so much adrenalin and fear.  It passed.  You have come so far.  You are strong to have come this far..... This is a good place to come..... big big hugs!

Agreeing with everyone here. Get rid of the pills so they don't tempt you. You'll likely kindle if you touch them and I'm in a nasty taper now. Taper wouldn't likely be so kind to you a second time. You are free of Benzos. Maintain that freedom! When I'm off Benzos finally, I will never touch another Benzo in my life! I won't even take it for anesthesia. Practice coping skills. I don't know where you are located,  but for me personally, when I'm off if I'm not doing well, I plan to look into CBD oil or something that's not addictive. Step away from those Benzos-never worth the risk!

I am off since August 26 2018 after a rapid taper off 6 mgs of Xanax after 20 years prescribed. I help benzo users in Facebook on 3 group pages. From what I see. Tapering multiple times can create a kindling effect and it gets more difficult for some each time they taper. Reinstate with caution. Benzos DO have withdrawal stump TOMS. But we all heal!!

I have felt for so long that what happens when a person is done tapering, is they are left with their original condition that they were put on the medication for in the first place. It could be anxiety, panic disorder, agoraphobia, fears, you name it.  You must learn how to cope with and get rid of the original condition.  You can do this with free weekly online meetings of Recoveryinternational.org .  They have helped millions, at no cost, to get over these conditions.  But you must practice, practice, practice and give it everything you’ve got.  You will have ups and downs but yuu can get there.  Others have.  Please go to their site and look it over.  I do hope it helps.

Recoveryinternational.org .

Very interesting cberg. This might be very helpful to ppl on here. Did you participate in one of their programs?

Katz