any Friends of Bill W? (or Jimmy K)

[Lo...]

I've been a friend of Bill for 21 years.

Best not to tell all about benzos, just the ones who understand.

As for NA, they told me I couldn't share in a meeting if in benzis, so quit going.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Lo...]

• [Ma...]

• [Me...]

• [De...]

i'm just getting to know Bill. my sponsor and i have decided that "sober' is sticking to the taper plan i have with my psych, so i will have 30 days next week. i have 2 years clean from alcohol. it's hard to know when and where and what i can share, but i actually have someone else in my home group who is also tapering.

to the guy who said NA wouldn't let them share about benzos... why?

i'm just getting to know Bill. my sponsor and i have decided that "sober' is sticking to the taper plan i have with my psych, so i will have 30 days next week. i have 2 years clean from alcohol. it's hard to know when and where and what i can share, but i actually have someone else in my home group who is also tapering.

to the guy who said NA wouldn't let them share about benzos... why?

It could be one of a couple things - they might not consider someone 'clean' in they are still using benzos.  The other thought I have it that benzos are technically not a narcotic.

• 4 weeks later...

I apologize for late response re Bill W. What I can say with some time is I get to define my sobriety. What this means to me is there are hard line folks that the only way to do a recovery program is their way. The only requirement to either AA or NA is the desire to not drink or use drugs. Outside that step 1 is the only one I have to nail down every day. The rest will fall in place.

As for the scoffing about benzo discussion in an NA meeting. Find the right group, these opinions alienate and are toxic. But hey that’s just me.

I have 5 months off benzos today and I feel like my skin has been ripped off. I’m raw and exhausted. Thank goodness the first 3 months is over. I had 911 on speed dial. That was tough