any Friends of Bill W? (or Jimmy K)

[Lo...]

If anyone (else?) in here knows Bill w. or Jim k. ? Or am I the only 'fallen' one here? (Utterly accidentally)

I

FEEL

SO

ALONE

Moderator, that's an honest question. There may be someone else here who needs to hear it.

But do what you feel best.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Lo...]

• [Ma...]

• [Me...]

• [De...]

Hi (not) lost cause,

If you mean a friend of Bill W. From AA? I don’t know who Jim is?

But if you are referring to that, then yes I’m one. Loneliness and isolation are painful, but they push us out of ourselves to seek help and guidance from others. I’m glad you are here and letting us know how you feel. Struggle with all those feelings myself (nope, I don’t have it all together) but just wanted to let you know someone is here and hears you. 🥰

Vic

If you mean a friend of Bill W. From AA?

:thumbsup:

Yeah, you nailed it... THANK YOU.  :smitten:

Jimmy K is the "Friend of" for NA people.

Struggle with all those feelings myself (nope, I don’t have it all together)

Don't sweat it, I might never get it all back together. I dunno how you survived C/T ... my hats off to you.

I got a fairly battered brain, if it's to survive at all I'll have to taper. Dr. has said this before...

How long have been on BB?

THANK YOU for the note

LC

I have known Bill for 28 years  :).  Mary 💜

I've know Bill for 31, but dunno if I should'a got my last few coins now  :-[  From your sig, you tapered in Sobriety! Thanks for the hope.

If it's okay to ask, you still involved? I know folks who've moved on and done well, for me things got worse when I "got too busy".

My mellon's had some 'Cerebral Insults' before I got to "here", past few months the mind-fade's been brutal. Short of a miracle, even tapering it might be "Granny Gulag" time...

I know cog-fog will make it slower, but it'd help (for me) to bring "... as we Understood.." etc. into my "Taper" process.

Don't see Doc till next week. Grateful beyond words for BenzoBuddies.

THANKS so much.

LC

I have known Bill for 28 years  :).  Mary 💜

I've know Bill for 31, but dunno if I should'a got my last few coins now  :-[  From your sig, you tapered in Sobriety! Thanks for the hope.

If it's okay to ask, you still involved? I know folks who've moved on and done well, for me things got worse when I "got too busy".

My mellon's had some 'Cerebral Insults' before I got to "here", past few months the mind-fade's been brutal. Short of a miracle, even tapering it might be "Granny Gulag" time...

I know cog-fog will make it slower, but it'd help (for me) to bring "... as we Understood.." etc. into my "Taper" process.

Don't see Doc till next week. Grateful beyond words for BenzoBuddies.

THANKS so much.

LC

Yes, I had been sober a long time before this.  I definitely bring " as I understand it" and " take what you need, and leave the rest".  I can't imagine trying to taper and sober up at same time.  Just my opinion, I would get my sobriety back first.  Tapering is really hard.  If I can help you, please let me know.  Mary 💜  Take a copy of the Ashton Manual with you to see Dr  ;). 😉

Thanks MM - Sorry I was murky.

Just my opinion, I would get my sobriety back first.

SOMEHOW (i take no credit) I've not taken a drink. Had a scare mid-summer, downed a bottle of apple juice from my truck floorboard - then belched. Yikes. Told my son, my sponsor... She 'deemed' it accident - don't leave juice in truck.

The "BIG CLUE" (long before accident) was "need a drink" like my first 90 days. Wt*? There's 3 meetings a week "close" yet I'd make only 2 (me?) "Needa" DID turned off @ a meeting... yet back before I got home. I need to read "Dr. Bob" again.

Only recently SMH!. "Needa" only stayed off when I took the X @ night... When the Tremor set in couple weeks back, I knew the culprit. Found Ashton quick, lowest X-taper started @ 4  :(  Did the math on 2, eq. of 40mg Valium?  :o

Ashton's maybe TMI for a 15 min consult... I found "Step by Step Guide to Beating Benzo's" @ reconnection.org.au - Thorough but SHORT, what do you think?

https://uploads-ssl.webflow.com/5aced27ea8e8388044acab17/5cdb579e61c1c97345b4e57e_Step%20by%20step%20guide%20to%20reducing%20from%20benzodiazepines%20(1).pdf

Tapering is really hard.

How to take X, without "X taking ME" Gotta find a way to reframe that  :idiot: ... "Be there" is a 2 way street Mary  :smitten: I check here couple times daily, finding "simple kindness" ways to be of service.

~= HUGZ =~

LC

Thanks MM - Sorry I was murky.

Just my opinion, I would get my sobriety back first.

SOMEHOW (i take no credit) I've not taken a drink. Had a scare mid-summer, downed a bottle of apple juice from my truck floorboard - then belched. Yikes. Told my son, my sponsor... She 'deemed' it accident - don't leave juice in truck.

The "BIG CLUE" (long before accident) was "need a drink" like my first 90 days. Wt*? There's 3 meetings a week "close" yet I'd make only 2 (me?) "Needa" DID turned off @ a meeting... yet back before I got home. I need to read "Dr. Bob" again.

Only recently SMH!. "Needa" only stayed off when I took the X @ night... When the Tremor set in couple weeks back, I knew the culprit. Found Ashton quick, lowest X-taper started @ 4  :(  Did the math on 2, eq. of 40mg Valium?  :o

Ashton's maybe TMI for a 15 min consult... I found "Step by Step Guide to Beating Benzo's" @ reconnection.org.au - Thorough but SHORT, what do you think?

https://uploads-ssl.webflow.com/5aced27ea8e8388044acab17/5cdb579e61c1c97345b4e57e_Step%20by%20step%20guide%20to%20reducing%20from%20benzodiazepines%20(1).pdf

Tapering is really hard.

How to take X, without "X taking ME" Gotta find a way to reframe that  :idiot: ... "Be there" is a 2 way street Mary  :smitten: I check here couple times daily, finding "simple kindness" ways to be of service.

~= HUGZ =~

LC

My Dr is a pain management Dr and really liked having the Ashton Manual.  Only highlight the things that pertain to you.  I started at 2 mgs too but worked my way down to 1.25 before crossing.  You take whichever information you believe your Dr will respond to the best.  There is a Xanax and a Valium Support Group on here.  Lots of people to help and support.  Just scroll down Homepage and you will see a lot of information about withdrawal, symptoms, different ways to taper.  My best advice is go slow and pay close attention to your symptoms, even as you crossover.  Valium is completely different than Xanax.  I was surprised, I thought all benzo's would be pretty much alike. Boy, was I wrong.  Everyone is different and reacts differently, all our drug histories are different.  Let me know how the Dr visit goes.  Don't let the Dr push you into going too fast, you will be in trouble in no time.

Slow and steady, with you leading taper is what you need from Dr if possible.  Good luck!  Mary 💜

Is this an AA thread?  Any alcoholics here?

I don't think it's an AA thread exactly even though we discuss Bill and some of the things we learned in AA.  Yes, there are lots of recovering alcoholics here.  :).  Love your Avatar!  Mary

Is this an AA thread?  Any alcoholics here?

Grateful there's another Alcoholic here  :thumbsup: 

It's DEFINITELY a "Friends of Bill" Thread. I'm very new here, still learning to navigate BB, find where I fit in.

And going through the exact same thing you are - how to "Do This" and not drink. From the looks of your sig, "technically" you're "Cleaner" than I am Abstinent - I'm trying to get where you are.

TBH, I was "scared" to broach the "Friends Bill W." subject, then I thought - selfish chicken! What if there's another Alky Alone up in here? I could only ask the Moderator, who's kindness prevailed. Outa Respect for BB as a whole (and not 'Dis' AA), the sign's not broken -- You "found the door"  8) 

Myself (just for today) is stuck @ "How can I taper off Xanax? I 'almost' slipped once already" - can't exactly carry that to a meeting, right?

Very, very grateful you dropped in. Hope you hang with us.

I don't wanna say "hugs", when I was first Sober a hand-shake worked better  :o

THANK YOU for helping me stay sober

LC

Finally, I'm a recovery alcoholic.... Iv been trying to find others here. I recovery has been hell, I believe I'm suffering from PAWS.

Alcohol and benzo's both pick on the same gaba receptors, if you go to the search engine under your avatar on the Homepage and put alcohol and benzo's in there, you will get a lot of information.  :)

You take whichever information you believe your Dr will respond to the best. 

My Doc's a Psychia-Saurus. He'd love the hard-copy of Dr. Ashton's work, and want to order it for him. He liked "The Soul of Sponsorship" (Fr. Ed D's letters w. Bill W.) it's still on his shelf. Only thing Doc lacks is the Benedictine Collar - retired Med Director of St. Mary's inpatient ward. For expedience I'll carry the 23 p. Ausie paper, I'd not be surprised he already knows some of Dr. H.

He's as unflappable and kind as FIRM. I'm bad for waffling, might be best to simply say "Is there a way off without breaking my brain even worse?" and see...

There is a Xanax and a Valium Support Group on here.  Lots of people to help and support. 

I've found 3, one seems most active. Have been reading along mostly... "Long Hold" seems most "Solution Oriented". But I'm not officially at taper yet... Am checking in with a couple very kind folks in both the direct and C/o areas. Some of the blogs are - WOW. Don't know if those are "invitation" yet, and trying to get a feel if (when?) (or?) it's appropriate to make one.

Valium is completely different than Xanax.  I was surprised, I thought all benzo's would be pretty much alike. Boy, was I wrong. 

Is why I quit stressing whether to cross or not. My case, we tried Klonopin years back, it made adhesive "Muush" in my head the months it either didn't make me sleep, or knocked me down 12 hours... Oddly, I had no trouble stopping it. Gabapentin made my legs swell etc. Doc will help, somehow I sense this.

You're stats show your fielding lot's of us, thank you HUGELY for all this help. Do not hesitate to "sic" someone on me, either.

Be Blessed Sis,

LC

Indeed cause I feel the exact same symptoms of benzo withdrawal. I read somewhere that paws Peaks at 3 to 6 months, degenerative paws progressively worsens in time. I think that's my case cause since I quit Iv been getting worse every day. I eat healthy, take thiamine, but fvck me Iv been falling into a hell

Liberty, mine has been a physical hell.  My muscles and bones hurt really bad right now, and believe me, I have done chiropractor, pt, physio, yoga.  Just an example of how different we all react.    Hope your symptoms settle down soon.  All most all the threads on here would welcome you.  The withdrawal support thread gets lots of traffic so more people will see a question, read and respond to it.  All the taper threads have pretty experienced people on them to help you set up a taper or discuss one.  Never worry about jumping in somewhere, if you accidentally end up on a thread that won't be a lot of help to you, someone will tell you a better thread to post on for the information you are looking for, we are here for support and give support.

Mary 💜💜💜    Oh, if you look in people's signatures, usually if they were alcoholic, it will be listed there, but there are lots of us. 

Lib, I am no expert ok, this is just my opinion, you haven't stopped drinking for very long, if you can, I would wait alittle longer before I started tapering.  Give your brain and body an opportunity to stabilize, then start a slow taper of your choice, alcohol and benzo's do effect the same gaba receptors.  So, it's better to give them time from sobering up to start the benzo taper.  Slow and steady.  While your giving your brain and central nervous system time to rest, you can be reading and finding your way around bb.  The more knowledgeable you are when you start your taper, the easier it will go.  That's just my 2 cents.  Wish you lots of luck.  Mary 💜💜

Indeed cause I feel the exact same symptoms of benzo withdrawal. I read somewhere that paws Peaks at 3 to 6 months, degenerative paws progressively worsens in time.

Liberty, when I first kicked booze (and "side dishes" if available), sometimes it was a BREATH at a time. Luckily it was before internet could tell me about "degenerative" PAWS ... I had a solid ride, some days made 2 meetings, etc.

Before I kicked, I never did "Downers" hated 'em. Couldn't afford coke. After I kicked, Couldn't stand "downy" psych drugs, never liked anything else they tried - have a sleep disorder.

My current w/d, and what I've read & heard from drunks who also did 'sedatives' - Might be a reason I feel a whole different flavor of "NOT RIGHT".

When the disease harps - "I needa ___" I don't let it finish. I say "I'm gonna RECOVER".

Needa pill, or needa drink - it's like "Which came first, Chicken or the Egg?" it don't matter. The whole henhouse is on fire. What's needed is a fire hose  :o

I need to RECOVER. And try to be some help for my son, who's getting a tooth pulled after a hard day work. Supporting mum.

But I'll check back on ya before nightfall. My PM is "on" if you need to talk straigh AA,

Will tell my HP to msg. yours: "Carry Liberty, Boss"

Peace out

LC

Got it...thank you for educating me.  :thumbsup:

THANK YOU for helping! (it's me that needs educating, believe me)

I'd no idea what I was up against when I found out I'd been "interdose withdrawling" some months.

And had already (accidentally) almost get drank again before I knew "It's the Xan, dummy" ...

I've set my "PM" open, for input feedback etc, and also if someone has to "Reach Out" (without a filter.)

I truly don't how much 'AA' is appropriate to talk here on BB, even respecting as much as I can - I welcome correction.

THANK YOU SO MUCH

LC

I’ve been a friend of Bill’s for 22 years.

GRATEFUL you popped in...

I'm still learning my way around BB, and getting used to my new "discomfort zone"... Am a baby-beginner here. It's brought a whole new meaning to the cliche' "Dry Drunk".

Only 2 local AA/NA know what's goin' on with me, bit of "crunchy chat", as my BFF works in rehab/MAT clinics... We got through it.

How are things for you these days? You come here much? (does that sound like a "Bar Line" or PHHhhht!)

LC