Author Topic: any Friends of Bill W? (or Jimmy K)  (Read 3664 times)

[Buddie]

Re: any Friends of Bill W? (or Jimmy K)
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2019, 08:43:13 pm »
Indeed cause I feel the exact same symptoms of benzo withdrawal. I read somewhere that paws Peaks at 3 to 6 months, degenerative paws progressively worsens in time.

[...], when I first kicked booze (and "side dishes" if available), sometimes it was a BREATH at a time. Luckily it was before internet could tell me about "degenerative" PAWS ... I had a solid ride, some days made 2 meetings, etc.

Before I kicked, I never did "Downers" hated 'em. Couldn't afford coke. After I kicked, Couldn't stand "downy" psych drugs, never liked anything else they tried - have a sleep disorder.

My current w/d, and what I've read & heard from drunks who also did 'sedatives' - Might be a reason I feel a whole different flavor of "NOT RIGHT".

When the disease harps - "I needa ___" I don't let it finish. I say "I'm gonna RECOVER".

Needa pill, or needa drink - it's like "Which came first, Chicken or the Egg?" it don't matter. The whole henhouse is on fire. What's needed is a fire hose  :o

I need to RECOVER. And try to be some help for my son, who's getting a tooth pulled after a hard day work. Supporting mum.

But I'll check back on ya before nightfall. My PM is "on" if you need to talk straigh AA,

Will tell my HP to msg. yours: "Carry [...], Boss"
Peace out
[...]

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2019, 08:43:51 pm »
Oh Betty!!  :laugh:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2019, 09:04:32 pm »
Got it...thank you for educating me.  :thumbsup:

THANK YOU for helping! (it's me that needs educating, believe me)

I'd no idea what I was up against when I found out I'd been "interdose withdrawling" some months.

And had already (accidentally) almost get drank again before I knew "It's the Xan, dummy" ...

I've set my "PM" open, for input feedback etc, and also if someone has to "Reach Out" (without a filter.)

I truly don't how much 'AA' is appropriate to talk here on BB, even respecting as much as I can - I welcome correction.

THANK YOU SO MUCH
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2019, 08:50:14 pm »
Iíve been a friend of Billís for 22 years. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2019, 09:15:13 pm »
Iíve been a friend of Billís for 22 years.

GRATEFUL you popped in...

I'm still learning my way around BB, and getting used to my new "discomfort zone"... Am a baby-beginner here. It's brought a whole new meaning to the cliche' "Dry Drunk".

Only 2 local AA/NA know what's goin' on with me, bit of "crunchy chat", as my BFF works in rehab/MAT clinics... We got through it.

How are things for you these days? You come here much? (does that sound like a "Bar Line" or PHHhhht!)

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2019, 05:13:44 pm »
[...], I am no expert ok, this is just my opinion, you haven't stopped drinking for very long, if you can, I would wait alittle longer before I started tapering.

[...], you doin a'ight?

It's been a huge inspiration how many other "don't drink any more" BBs have piped up on your threads - I'm really grateful.

Kind Vibes
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2019, 09:46:29 pm »
I am too. 19 yrs. I relapse 6 yrs ago. But have been sober again for 4 yrs.  :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2019, 11:02:34 pm »
I am too. 19 yrs. I relapse 6 yrs ago. But have been sober again for 4 yrs.  :)

Hey [...],

Last night I shared (in general, e.g. "Medical stuff, possibly Problems other than Alcohol") By no means am I saying everyone try this - it's the last time I "bottomed" it was suggested I "own it" - it marked the beginning of Return. Only cause it 'Worked Before'. If nothing else, I no longer feel hiding and ashamed.

I'll have to learn slowly how to rightly integrate the 2 "things"... Only reason I opened this thread is - I never thought of taking "more Xanax" - but the beer cooler had become Monty Python's "Holy Grail"... I've come to accept those might be disturbing, until they're not again...

That said, I need to "Do the Things" that'll keep it from grabbing me. My brave Son shares the house, only surviving family - I got to seek support "in real life" where it's always been... 

Thanks for your encourage's  :smitten:
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2019, 09:22:31 pm »
Hey ItShall -

WELCOME   :thumbsup:

I'm pretty new @ BB. First few days, I learned "search" doesn't work very well and even looked in "Faith Based", sadly most of Religion gets "Lost in Translation" for me...

Gave up and put "Freinds of" in Groups. It's serving as a Check in point, mostly, for folks who choose to "identify" ...

Friend of Bill W. ---<snip>--- I did only one and was able to stop at one. But I honestly can't remember the last time I picked up.

I've had ONE scary accident (slugged apple juice left in the floorboard) last summer. Afterward the thought "Some Cheap red would fix this" Just. Kept. Popping. Up... Took months to 'Get It', cause "More Xanax" never crossed my mind. Duuuuh.

I've since learned getting Sober mighta been "Detox Lite" compared to tapering out of Benzo hell.

Staying off since '88? Still going to meetings? HAD NO EFFECT ON:  I didn't know "for sleep, @ night, as prescribed" would lead to - here we all are?

One. Hour. At. A. Time - you nailed that.

THANKS for Stepping up... All I know is if ever I needed the "Spiritual Solution", somehow, it has to translate to "one hour"

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2019, 11:46:21 pm »
[...], you are NOT a [...]!!

I the '[...]' thing, the least boo-hoo thing I could pick  :-\ A burden to my FINE son who should be enjoying his young life... May I rot in HELL if he's stuck supporting a strung out looser.    Today he says "Mom, I'm not letting you go to the projects. We're gonna get through this till you can support yourself".

He can't get it - nobody without a Master Degree can make $16 an hour with ONE HAND. (broke my wrist last year, that's how all this started) Nobody can live on $800 a month. This should NOT be HIS "Stuff". All his life "Mom's in Recovery" was the only good thing he's had.  THAT HE WILL HAVE BACK.

Living with my own consequences, is right and natural. My son caught in the web of 'em, HP's gotta have a plan to help him.

You are indeed correct in saying that coming off alcohol is Detox Lite compared to benzo withdrawal. When I started my taper, I thought to myself...I got this! I've been through this before with alcohol. I was sooo wrong!

It amazes me how many people on BB were able to "move on" after Alcohol/drugs... But what's scary? I know 5 folks local, in the meetings, on the Benzo Bus!!. I'm not getting "in their business". If I make it out, if they need help they'll ask...

Yes one hour at a time. You may be feeling good at one time of the day and then your body is telling you something different later in the day...

Boy, howdy!

What I hate most is taking it DURING the day. YeccH! I'm pretty good most days till around noon. But then the 4-5 hour doses add up to "Too Darn STUPID" by evening... My ball-n-chain's a short-life (Xan) ... at least booze was BOOZ. demmit.

It's been less worse today... may be .1 less than yesterday.

Hang in there. Let it happen  :)

PS - if you've any inkling how I can help my son, or be less harm - don't hesitate to PM me. It's okay to be frank, I'm about as fragile as an anvil - and possibly as smart  :o
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 11:56:29 pm by [Buddie] »