Author Topic: any Friends of Bill W? (or Jimmy K)  (Read 3663 times)

[Buddie]

any Friends of Bill W? (or Jimmy K)
« on: October 24, 2019, 06:06:43 pm »
If anyone (else?) in here knows Bill w. or Jim k. ? Or am I the only 'fallen' one here? (Utterly accidentally)

I
FEEL
SO
ALONE

Moderator, that's an honest question. There may be someone else here who needs to hear it.

But do what you feel best.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: any Friends of Bill W? (or Jimmy K)
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 06:17:29 pm »
Hi (not) [...],
If you mean a friend of Bill W. From AA? I donít know who Jim is?
But if you are referring to that, then yes Iím one. Loneliness and isolation are painful, but they push us out of ourselves to seek help and guidance from others. Iím glad you are here and letting us know how you feel. Struggle with all those feelings myself (nope, I donít have it all together) but just wanted to let you know someone is here and hears you. 🥰
Vic
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 06:18:53 pm »
Iím not sure what youíre asking here. Maybe a little clarity?
Thanks,
[...]  :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2019, 06:48:12 pm »
Maybe a little clarity?

Check your PM, please.

THANKS for BenzoBuddies

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2019, 06:49:07 pm »
Got it...thank you for educating me.  :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2019, 07:38:17 pm »
If you mean a friend of Bill W. From AA?

:thumbsup:

Yeah, you nailed it... THANK YOU.  :smitten:

Jimmy K is the "Friend of" for NA people.

Struggle with all those feelings myself (nope, I donít have it all together)
Don't sweat it, I might never get it all back together. I dunno how you survived C/T ... my hats off to you.

I got a fairly battered brain, if it's to survive at all I'll have to taper. Dr. has said this before...

How long have been on BB?

THANK YOU for the note

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2019, 09:22:53 pm »
I have known Bill for 28 years  :).   [...] 💜

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2019, 11:37:15 pm »

I've know Bill for 31, but dunno if I should'a got my last few coins now  :-[  From your sig, you tapered in Sobriety! Thanks for the hope.

If it's okay to ask, you still involved? I know folks who've moved on and done well, for me things got worse when I "got too busy".

My mellon's had some 'Cerebral Insults' before I got to "here", past few months the mind-fade's been brutal. Short of a miracle, even tapering it might be "Granny Gulag" time...

I know cog-fog will make it slower, but it'd help (for me) to bring "... as we Understood.." etc. into my "Taper" process.

Don't see Doc till next week. Grateful beyond words for BenzoBuddies.

THANKS so much.
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2019, 11:58:02 pm »

I've know Bill for 31, but dunno if I should'a got my last few coins now  :-[  From your sig, you tapered in Sobriety! Thanks for the hope.

If it's okay to ask, you still involved? I know folks who've moved on and done well, for me things got worse when I "got too busy".

My mellon's had some 'Cerebral Insults' before I got to "here", past few months the mind-fade's been brutal. Short of a miracle, even tapering it might be "Granny Gulag" time...

I know cog-fog will make it slower, but it'd help (for me) to bring "... as we Understood.." etc. into my "Taper" process.

Don't see Doc till next week. Grateful beyond words for BenzoBuddies.

THANKS so much.
[...]

Yes, I had been sober a long time before this.  I definitely bring " as I understand it" and " take what you need, and leave the rest".  I can't imagine trying to taper and sober up at same time.  Just my opinion, I would get my sobriety back first.  Tapering is really hard.  If I can help you, please let me know.   [...] 💜  Take a copy of the Ashton Manual with you to see Dr  ;). 😉

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2019, 02:21:35 am »
Thanks [...] - Sorry I was murky.

Just my opinion, I would get my sobriety back first.

SOMEHOW (i take no credit) I've not taken a drink. Had a scare mid-summer, downed a bottle of apple juice from my truck floorboard - then belched. Yikes. Told my son, my sponsor... She 'deemed' it accident - don't leave juice in truck.

The "BIG CLUE" (long before accident) was "need a drink" like my first 90 days. Wt*? There's 3 meetings a week "close" yet I'd make only 2 (me?) "Needa" DID turned off @ a meeting... yet back before I got home. I need to read "Dr. Bob" again.

Only recently SMH!. "Needa" only stayed off when I took the X @ night... When the Tremor set in couple weeks back, I knew the culprit. Found Ashton quick, lowest X-taper started @ 4   :(  Did the math on 2, eq. of 40mg Valium?  :o

Ashton's maybe TMI for a 15 min consult... I found "Step by Step Guide to Beating Benzo's" @ reconnection.org.au - Thorough but SHORT, what do you think?

https://uploads-ssl.webflow.com/5aced27ea8e8388044acab17/5cdb579e61c1c97345b4e57e_Step%20by%20step%20guide%20to%20reducing%20from%20benzodiazepines%20(1).pdf

Tapering is really hard.

How to take X, without "X taking ME" Gotta find a way to reframe that  :idiot: ... "Be there" is a 2 way street [...]  :smitten: I check here couple times daily, finding "simple kindness" ways to be of service.

~= HUGZ =~

[...]