Might not get out of bed today

[Su...]

Juggle and juggle and juggle. I fell like I've been doing good but have not been sleeping well. I was tak8ng seroquel but was having bad side effects that were scaring me. So I have been trying mirtazapine but it seems like it just wears off and doesn't work too well. I feel so lonely, dysfunctional and down. I have so much I need to be getting done but feel like i can't even get out of bed. I really need a/some friends in this. Some words of encouragement would be really helpful? Please and thank you!

Don't worry, you'll get through this. Everyone that goes through benzo withdrawal feels down and depressed at some point.. Just remember that all of this will pass, and you'll feel better sooner than you think.

Hi Sunshine,

You sound awful, I'm sorry you're feeling so low.  Here's the thing, most everyone here could handle the physical pain, the unrelenting trembling, the tinnitus, headaches, nausea and every other symptom if the drug didn't also take away our ability to handle all of those things.  This process strikes at our core, it robs us of our hope and our ability to reason our way through and instills in us fear and hopelessness. 

What you need to understand is that this is not who you are, this is not who you've become, the drug withdrawal is lying to you and you need to do your best to hang on to who you were, who you are and who you will still be when you're healed.

I felt all that you are and I came out the other side and you will too.  This is temporary, an unbearable seemingly never ending temporary but it will end.  Take away it's power by getting out of bed, push through the pain and do what you can to distract yourself, that's the best way to get through this. 

Keep posting, keep reaching out for help from your buddies, we get it, we'll help you through this.

Pamster

Same with me, I hated that damn Seroquel - finally through the rest of it out. I gotta get back to bed when staying up isn't working out too well. That's most of the time! Just wish I could sleep more - I'm in a dangerous place, just lying in be for hours, just me and my thoughts. It's a lousy situation. I take 5 or 6 Melatonin and sort of helps, still I don't like taking it. I'll get another refill of Baclofen tomorrow, I'd take that over Seroquel any day.

What is baclefen? I went back to seroquel cause I was getting crazy from no good sleep. I know I just lay here too. I read somewhere we are doing a disservice to our self not getting out of bed which I totally agree but what do you do when that's all you can do? I just got done tapering ativan and now need to start tapering the valium but haven't been able to stabilize on it so I don't even know where to begin. Did you gain weight on the seroquel?

What is baclefen? I went back to seroquel cause I was getting crazy from no good sleep. I know I just lay here too. I read somewhere we are doing a disservice to our self not getting out of bed which I totally agree but what do you do when that's all you can do? I just got done tapering ativan and now need to start tapering the valium but haven't been able to stabilize on it so I don't even know where to begin. Did you gain weight on the seroquel?

Its good to see you Sunshine, how are you doing?  I hope you'll try to be patient, its important to stabilize from your Ativan taper, it's better to start from a place of stability.  You'll know when it's time, just listen to what your body is telling you, okay? 

Baclofen is a muscle relaxer and an antispasmodic agent. It is also a very effective sleep aid. Baclofen, at standard dosing, does not appear to possess addictive properties, and has not been associated with any degree of drug craving. It is however, precautionary to stay within the Rx. There are reports of cases of abuse - (look up details).

Pamster,

Yes it is probley better to start a taper from a stabilized start point. However I seriously feel like I have been in withdrawal for maybe a year. I mean I seriously have been a complete mess. Six months ago it got so bad I couldn't get out of bed and had tons if tests done. I thought could this be my ativan not working? I told my doctor for months and they never did anything but give me the same dose everytime. Then I thought maybe I need to try something different and they gave me xanax without even wheeling me from the ativan and that was complete chaos. I started researching ativan and finally came to the conclusion all this was being caused by the ativan. Saw a different doctor and finally stabilized on seroquel for sleep, prozac, valium. Then called her back because she did not when me off the ativan and told her I needed to do so. So She gave me the valium and I did a quick taper I would say like 3 weeks off of ativan

Now I am starting to taper the valium. I have 5 mg tabs and gave been taking 2.5mg at night and 2.5mg in the morning. But now I'm cutting the night one in half so a 1/4 if a tablet. It's rough but I get some windows and feel goid and clear. Since I've been in limbo for so long I feel like it's just normal. I read a post that some doctor told someone wanting to get off their benzo well get comfortable being uncomfortable! I think accepting this has helped me a lot now I just have to get through it. It's complete craziness you can't just cold turkey off theses benzos they are so bad. I've never not been able to just quit something cold turkey. When I'm done I'm done. So I just really have to accept this process. Thank you everyone who has been here for me you are a godsend! God bless!!

Your poor body, my goodness, you were put on so many different drugs, what a roller coaster you've been on, I don't doubt you're feeling as you do!  I think it's so sad we're expected to "get comfortable being uncomfortable", that's no way to live.  I so hope that someday, after you've tapered and healed from this nightmare that you will be comfortable. 

I know what you mean by being done when you're done, I'm the same way, I can understand how maddening it must be to have to inch your way to freedom.  I hope you'll go slow though, this is one time when we need to fight our urge to jump, slow and steady is key.

Thanks Pamster yes with all this back and forth I get so confused. I think should I keep taking the prozac and seroquel? Or just stop? I just pray for quick healing and a clear mind.

Confusion is a major withdrawal symptom, everything seems overwhelming.  I couldn't even figure out how to put the couch cushions I'd just washed back on, that's how messed up I was!  :sick:

My feeling is only taper one drug at a time, I'd stay on the prozac and the seroquel if it were me.  But you could post on the other medications board to get some feedback from other members since I'm not experienced with either one of those drugs.