4 years Benzo Free

[Be...]

Hi All,

I'm here for my annual check in.  It's been a little over 4 years since I completed a 1 year micro-taper withdrawal from Clonazepam as described in my signature that also has a link to my story.  I can honestly say that I am at 100% now.  I have no symptoms and seldom think about this.  There is light at the end of the withdrawal tunnel so all I can do is encourage you to persevere and continue on your journey to recovery.  As you can see from reading posts in this forum, the journey is different for nearly everyone.  It's seldom described as easy and often as extremely difficult.  Nevertheless, you can get the information you need in this forum to help develop a taper plan.  Good luck and best wishes. 

Congratulations and thank you for sharing your recovery with us. You are proof positive that there is a light at the end of the tunnel! Thank you again!

Good for you! It's awesome that you don't think about it anymore.

What sort of symptoms did you experience during your microtaper and once you were off completely?

Good for you! It's awesome that you don't think about it anymore.

What sort of symptoms did you experience during your microtaper and once you were off completely?

Boombox,

The symptoms I experienced during my taper are included with my story at the link in my signature.  Those same symptoms continued during the first 6-12 months just after my taper concluded.  Symptoms lessened over time and were pretty much gone by the end of the second year.  I have lost track of time but I don't recall any symptoms during the third year and certainly none over the previous (fourth) year.