For Valium users - vodka titration experiences needed please?

[jo...]

Hi

This post is for valium only users or ex users using/or used vodka to titrate, and I would love as many of you as possible to share your experiences with the tapering and maybe answer some questions that may come up as the thread progresses.

I hope that's ok.

I am vegetarian and really don't want to use cow's milk to titrate my dose, but I am also at risk of osteoporosis, and know that alcohol can cause osteoporosis.

I only have 5mg pills to use as I am keeping my taper secret from my prescriber, as I don't want them knowing I am doing dlmt, so that I have emergency stash of pills in case of problems, ie, I missed a dose and was refused a replacement, but it didn't go as bad as i thought.

1) I would love to hear valium users' experiences of vodka tapering and how their tapering is going?

2)Am I right in saying you need 80 proof vodka or 40% alc content?

3)Where can it be stored?

4)What is it stored in so it doesn't evaporate?

5)If I make a batch, how long does the batch last?

6)What is the ratio of vodka to water?

7)What is a suitable container? (those jars with the metal 2 part lids are no good, they leak)

I might have more questions, but those are the only ones I can think of for now.

Many thanks, and thanks for bearing with me, I have 30mgs to get off, not going to start DLMT right away, only 9 days since missed dose, anxiety been increasing last few days, going to use the time to prepare really well before I start tapering.

Thanks for bearing with me.

1) I would love to hear valium users' experiences of vodka tapering and how their tapering is going?

I didn't do a vodka taper because I had access to Rx liquid V.  But I diluted it to the same .1mg=1ml solution often suggested in the vodka method.  Ane my "experience" was it was far more tolerable than the cut and suffer method.

If you use the recommended ratios (1mg:2ml:8ml) then you need (at least) 80 proof vodka.

Anywhere you wish.  You have combined 3 non-perishable ingredients, and the resulting solution is still non-perishable,

Any common container with a lid

Again, your "batch" is  3 non-perishable components.  Left sealed and undisturbed, it could last for months, even years.

But, since you will (probably) open and close the containers daily, and dip syringes into it, there is a possibility of contamination.  The alcohol tends to control the bacterial contamination, but my general recommendation is a 14 day batch.

The only ratio that's really important is the 1mg:2ml solvent.  This insures your benzo will dissolve and become uniformly distributed.  The dilution ratio is really about convenience. .1mg=1ml, or .01mg-1ml are the most convenient because they really eliminate an math.

7)What is a suitable container? (those jars with the metal 2 part lids are no good, they leak)

Anything which securely seals.  I prefer glass, but plastic containers are fine.  I always used reclaimed glass food jars (salad dressing, pickles.  olives, etc)

I might have more questions, but those are the only ones I can think of for now.

M

Thanks for your message Builder, I cannot access liquid valium in the UK and they are very finicky about prescribing liquid valium, my own doctors surgery wont prescribe benzos at all, I get them from my psych, who wouldn't prescribe liquid.

When I did use liquid for my first taper they kept changing brands from actavis to sandoz, so I stopped, as they would just give me what was available.

1) I would still love to hear valium users' experiences of vodka tapering and how their tapering is going, or how it went?

I didn't do a vodka taper because I had access to Rx liquid V.  But I diluted it to the same .1mg=1ml solution often suggested in the vodka method.  And my "experience" was it was far more tolerable than the cut and suffer method.

I heard that it's 2ml 40% vodka to 1mg valium, but as I only have 5mg tablets to play with, nearly 10ml of vodka per day is equivalent to a small 'shot' which would be a lot of vodka for me to drink everyday.

If you use the recommended ratios (1mg:2ml:8ml) then you need (at least) 80 proof vodka.

I'm not sure what you mean by 1mg:2ml:8ml, where have these amounts come from, not doubting you, just like sources, as i want as smooth a taper as possible, 1ml per 1mg would suit me more.

Anywhere you wish.  You have combined 3 non-perishable ingredients, and the resulting solution is still non-perishable

Any common container with a lid

Valium leaches into plastic, I have got that information years ago from several scientific sites, but I can't remember them, and looking up any scientific info tends to fuel my anxiety these days, so I stay away from scientific sites.

Again, your "batch" is  3 non-perishable components.  Left sealed and undisturbed, it could last for months, even years.

I've never had any luck with Jars that would need 500ml liquid that don't leak, I would prefer glass, I even tried to google leak proof glass containers, but they had plastic lids.

But, since you will (probably) open and close the containers daily, and dip syringes into it, there is a possibility of contamination.  The alcohol tends to control the bacterial contamination, but my general recommendation is a 14 day batch

Thank you for this

The only ratio that's really important is the 1mg:2ml solvent.  This insures your benzo will dissolve and become uniformly distributed.  The dilution ratio is really about convenience. .1mg=1ml, or .01mg-1ml are the most convenient because they really eliminate an math.

I can't find any info on the 1mg 2ml ratio, sounds like a lot of alcohol to me. Again, not doubting you, just interested in knowing where this ratio comes from.

Anything which securely seals.  I prefer glass, but plastic containers are fine.  I always used reclaimed glass food jars (salad dressing, pickles.  olives, etc)

I tend not to buy things in Jars, as they have ingredients in them which contain msg, or rapeseed oil which doesnt agree with me. I once bought a big beetroot jar but the lid leaked. You can never guarantee what jar of foodstuff you will buy and whether the lid will leak, like you I prefer glass.

So, while I appreciate Builder's long and thought out answer to my post, I would still really love to hear from other users/ex users on the questions in my first post.

I hope I don't sound demanding, I am just anxious to taper off as smoothly as possible, as I skipped a dose of 17mg as I vomited it back up and my prescriber wouldn't give me the missed 17mg, and while it didn't go as badly as I thought, day's 8 and 9 were not something i want to repeat again anxiety wise, particularly waking up with disturbing thoughts.

A "shot" is normally 1.5 ozs.  That's about 45ml. So 10mls is NOT "equivalent to a small shot".

(Well, maybe a really small shot.  That bartender definitely would not get a tip!)  ::)

A "shot" is normally 1.5 ozs.  That's about 45ml. So 10mls is NOT "equivalent to a small shot".

(Well, maybe a really small shot.  That bartender definitely would not get a tip!)  ::)

Hi Builder, thanks for your information.

For others who tapered off valium using vodka, or are still tapering using vodka, I would love your answers to the following questions, but note, this means no insult intended to builder.