5.5 year taper finally comes to an end

[be...]

Yep, it took me over five years. But I tapered very slowly so I was highly functional. I’m nearly five months off and feel pretty well. I did have some withdrawal issues at about four months off, but stopped eating all sugar and things are better. Not having sugar is a bummer but worth it. Honestly, I’d never think I’d see this day. Now one more item in my bucket list is gone. If I can do this, then everyone can! And Benzobuddies and it’s members helped me immensely. :) :)

So very happy for you Betsy...that is great that you are 5 months off and doing so well.

I hope all the rest of your healing comes to you soon...

And, Yes - you did it your way and it worked.  :thumbsup:  :smitten:

Yep, it took me over five years. But I tapered very slowly so I was highly functional. I’m nearly five months off and feel pretty well. I did have some withdrawal issues at about four months off, but stopped eating all sugar and things are better. Not having sugar is a bummer but worth it. Honestly, I’d never think I’d see this day. Now one more item in my bucket list is gone. If I can do this, then everyone can! And Benzobuddies and it’s members helped me immensely. :) :)

Congratulations!!!!!!

So happy for you! The sugar craving stops after a while, I promise! Good decision, at least in the first year, I think. Sending you a birthday cake (without sugar but yummy) :laugh:

Marigold

[4b...]
Wow, 5 and a half years tapering, your determination is amazing! Many many congratulations! Wishing you the best life can offer.

Thank you everyone. I love the support. I think morreweg knows my entire tapering saga but I really appreciate the thoughts.  :smitten:  :)

Congrats Benzogirl, I have not posted much for a while but during my taper and for the first part of my recovery you were a large part of my daily reading.

I still remember when you took up pickle ball.

2trusting

• 2 weeks later...
Benzogirl...I also tapered for 5.5 years after being on benzos for a total of 35 years! I'm glad to find you on here! I also finished my detox from xanax/valium the end of June...Congratulations!! May the true healing begin!!  :):clap:

Benzogirl...I also tapered for 5.5 years after being on benzos for a total of 35 years! I'm glad to find you on here! I also finished my detox from xanax/valium the end of June...Congratulations!! May the true healing begin!!  :):clap:

Wow! I thought I was the only one. Congrats 🎈🎉🎊 to you too! Great job! :)