Release of emotions

[Th...]

I am on day 8 clean from Diazepam was making a spag boll for 3 of us and for some reason I felt totally confused (multitasking is the way I work ) with pots simmering ,grating cheese , garlic , looking for olive oil etc etc then bang  I just froze at the sink and broke down in uncontrollable tears . I,m glad no one was present  :-*  However I did recover and felt better and finished off the cooking .

Crying is not like me ( stiff upper lip Scotsman)  so is this a sign of healing or just a symptom of WD .

Thanks

I think symptoms of withdrawal and signs of healing may be one and the same.  I personally welcome having a good cry - it feels like a release of pent up emotion.  Wish it came to me more easily.  Similarly, I find exercise helpful as a way to release the built up adrenaline.

I can imagine it felt alarming to burst into tears especially if it's not your usual MO! But there's so much going on chemically and emotionally during WD your body may have been doing you a favor by discharging that energy for you unbidden.  Just a theory. 

Wishing you much healing.

BD

Thomas,

Regardless as to whether it is withdrawal or healing, it is okay to cry!!! This whole process has had more stress on us than we even know.  And it is good to let it out!  Keeping it in just makes the tiny ball of 'feeling' grow bigger and bigger, until you breakdown.  Don't consider it a weakness, just your body ridding itself of some negativity!  I think we all do a lot of self talk, I know I do, telling myself I'm going to get through this and everything is going to be ok, so there are times when my emotions get past these, and I just accept them and let them go!!! You've just gotten through something traumatic, so be kind to yourself! ❤

Thank you for your kind words . It does make sense that emotions build up and to let go with a good cry in private is a good way to release .

Thanks again