milk as a liquid solution

[on...]

I need help.When using just milk do you just let the pills disolve and then use it?Im using the oral disentigrating tablets.Do you let it set over night to disolve?Do you need to shake it before each use?Also is it 1mg of klonopin and 10 ml of milk to get the .1 solution?Thank you everyone for your help.

Hello,

There is a member here on the forum who is using oral disintegrating tablets and milk.  She is going to respond with her experience so you can decide for yourself how to move forward. It may be later today before we post information.

pianogirl

onemoretry,

I’m using milk and Teva ODTS. This is what I do.

I use a small pickle jar and drop a tablet in the jar. Then I use a 60 ml syringe and draw up 200 mls of the milk  with it. That’s 60 ml 3 times + 20 ml once. (3 x 60 =180 + 1 x 20 = 200). Then I refrigerate that overnight. In the morning, I take a tablet with a small amount of water and swallow it.

Then I take the milk/tablet combo out of the fridge and stir it with a spoon. I then use a one ml syringe and draw up the amount I need to taper. I discard that, rinse the plunger under cold water and set it on a small rack (tip up) to dry. I then take the barrel of the syringe and lick any milk left on the outside. Then I set the barrel aside (in the sink)  for washing later in cold water and dish detergent.

I then take the pickle jar, and divide that into two doses by pouring from the pickle jar into two small jars I bought online at specialty bottle and jars. (Not trying to advertise here). One of those jars I put back in the fridge for the night dose. I then fill the pickle jar completely to the top with cold water. I let that sit while I drink the milk/pill combo.

After drinking the contents of the smaller jar, I pour cold water into it, drink that, and repeat the process of pouring cold water into it and drinking again. So that’s it for the morning dose.

At night, I take another tab with water and then get that smaller jar out of the fridge. I then drink that and fill with water, drink again, and fill with water again and drink.

So now I start the process all over again by dropping another tab into that pickle jar (I have several), using the 60 ml syringe to fill with 200 ml of milk and put that jar into the fridge to leave overnight.

I now need to wash these 3 jars that I used during the day + plus that 1 ml syringe. And I do that. The syringe goes into a drinking glass with cold water and dish detergent. I wash that thoroughly inside and outside. Then I run hot water, and use that drinking glass with the detergent, and thoroughly wash those 3 jars.

That is what I do. Works great for me. Hope it helps you to know this.

By the way, the ODT seems to dissolve completely in the milk, but I make sure when I stir this in the morning. And I never shake this. I’ve done that before and it leaked all over.

Thank you Intend.I am only tapering my night dose currently.I was wondering can I just say like take 6mg of klonopin and 60 ml of milk and make a .1 solution?Also can i just draw up what I need for the night and put the rest back in the fridge for the next night?Also does it need to be stirred before each use?

Are you making a .01 concentration?So good to talk to you Intend I appreciate you so much.

Thank you Intend.I am only tapering my night dose currently.I was wondering can I just say like take 6mg of klonopin and 60 ml of milk and make a .1 solution?Also can i just draw up what I need for the night and put the rest back in the fridge for the next night?Also does it need to be stirred before each use?

Are you making a .01 concentration?So good to talk to you Intend I appreciate you so much.

onemoretry,

I honestly don’t know the answers to all of your questions. You can definitely draw up what you need at the time and put the rest back in the fridge for the next dose. Just be aware that milk will spoil after a certain amount of days.

I would stir it. The vortex I’ve heard so much about hasn’t happened to me, and I stir fast. I do get some bubbles, but they settle down quickly. I don’t stress about that a bit. As builder says, “as long as you’re going down, you’re headed in the right direction. “

Builder’s would be my go to person for almost anything. I’d ask him about this concentration. It would be a .01 concentration, but what one does with that, I’m not sure. Builder is the expert on concentrations.

Hello, Onemoretry (and Intend).

If you put 1mg of clonazepam into a jar and add 10 ml of milk, the concentration of your liquid will be 0.1mg/mL. (1/10 = 0.1).

If you put 6mg of clonazepam in a jar and add 60mLs of milk, the concentration will also be 0.1mg/mL (6/60 = 0.1).

Whether or not you want to use a 0.1mg/mL or a 0.01mg/mL concentration depends on the size of the reductions you want to make.  Have you decided that yet? 

If you decide to use a 0.01mg/mL concentration because you want to make very small reductions, all you have to do is use the same amount of clonazepam but add more milk.  For example, 1mg of clonazepam + 100mg of milk would give you a liquid with a concentration of 0.01mg/mL concentratin (1/100 = 0.01). 

Am I understanding you correctly that you want to use liquid just for your night dose and continue to take the rest of your doses using regular ODTs?  A combination of regular tablets/ODTs and liquid seems to work well for many members.

How many milligrams of clonazepam do you take for your night dose? 

You might want to consider making smaller batches of your clonazepam/milk liquid to begin (maybe 1 or 2 days worth?).  This will give you the opportunity to “test the waters” re: how you react to the change in format from all ODTs to a combination of liquid and ODTs.  Also, if you are getting only a certain number of ODTs a month, the “small batch” approach will minimize the risk of “wasting” too many ODTs if the liquid doesn’t work well for you. 

Libertas

Libertas,

my night dose is .566 mg.My day dose is .25 mg odt tablet.My teduction rate has been 5%.

Thank you so much Libertas.right now my night reduction is .02 ml for 5%.I know now when my total intake gets lower I will have to change to .01 concentration.Does the taper go faster at

01 concentration or does it matter?

Again I thank you Libertas.