Jumped from 3 year taper off Ativan--was on it 15 years

[...]

It wasn't really a jump; I sort of slithered off, LOL. My last dose was Friday. I've been on the couch 11 years, and I'm hoping getting off the Ativan will get me off the couch.  I tried to jump about 10 days ago or something like that and 2 days later it hit me hard, and I went back on, so it has helped to taper down to fumes. I am really not going back to it now. So far this time I don't feel any worse than I did while tapering. Slowing it down here at the end has also helped--cutting 0.001 mg a day instead of the 0.002 mg a day I cut most days on the taper.

There were times I really didn't think it was going to be possible to get off this stuff. It's been a nightmare.  Trips to the ER, ambulance ride, and nothing much wrong except withdrawal.  But, yay, finally off!

Congratulations on getting off Ativan.

It's such a major accomplishment and it sounds like you went through a lot. 

Here's to getting off the couch!

Thank you both so much!  Southern Star I'm SO sorry about what you've been through. You might go to Andrew Wommack Ministries website and look under videos and have a listen to some of those healing testimonies. Really good.

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations! It sounds as though you've had a wild ride, what a major achievement. All the best to you.

Very sorry to read of the vision issues. Please investigate Taurine.  It's a pseudo amino acid found naturally in the gallbladder's bile salts and meat.  It is the only thing I know that can reverse vascular problems in diabetic retinopathy. Don't know the exact mechanism of your problem as you mentioned a stroke, but it couldn't hurt.  *Please know that it lowers blood sugar so you should take it with food.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3325402/

In addition, taurine supplementation is beneficial to diabetic complications, including retinopathy, nephropathy, neuropathy, atherosclerosis and cardiomyopathy. These useful effects appear due to the multiple actions of taurine on cellular functions.

Hope your condition improves.

• 4 weeks later...