Balance

[Li...]

The biggest problem I suffer from is balance issues.  Feel like I'm drunk when walking.  Does anyone feel that taking walks regularly help regain balance?

I go through phases of that, where I have actually fallen over.  Mine has been better lately, but I know that feeling and actually did zigzag walking as I was so unbalanced and disoriented.  Not a good feeling, I know!  I still have moments but it has improved a tiny bit.  Hang in there! ❤

Mine was SO bad I stopped going for walks. Felt like I was walking on jello. I was in tolerance withdrawal For a very long time though not knowing or realizing that I was supposed to increase my dose

after 20 years on the same dose I guess my balance was affected once I weaned it all went away!

balance issues. 

I started having this last year at work - before 'interdose wd' became hopelessly evident. Was a "only @ night, for sleep" Xanax dependent. I didn't feel "drunk", but took a tendency to stumble over nothing, stub my toes - not every day, but my trade involved up and down ladders, in and out of equipment etc... So one notices that kind of thing.

When the 'blunders' got to a couple times a week - Thought "you're not a kid anymore."  Well, now we know what it is  :o  And in spite of the "hard to stay asleep" part, I'm pretty wobbly the first 10 minute after getting up.

And now tremors. The hard part for me is stfu, don't complain, be more careful. And go out and WALK more - (with or without any motivation)

I wish my "DO" would re-connect to my "Want to" and "Need to" thoughts

Kind Vibes

LC

Oh, this is so me LC  :D

Ya, and the 'Tremors' thing - I feel like a cheap Spencer's "Gag-Gift".

How's the 'switch over' going?

I get to see Doc tomorrow - and rightly mortified. Am thinking (maybe bad idea) I might do better just dry tapering all the way

"Better to deal with the Devil you Know, than meet the Devil you don't know". I've read many people here finding Depression with Diazzy...

For Depression (that AD's never helped) being a "baseline state" - the daily crying jags have abated since spacing doses. The other one's "no sleep switch". Doc's been fighting that one 20 years, he'll know what to do.

Kind vibes, Sis  :smitten:

LC

Oh, this is so me LC  :D

Ya, and the 'Tremors' thing - I feel like a cheap Spencer's "Gag-Gift".

How's the 'switch over' going?

I get to see Doc tomorrow - and rightly mortified. Am thinking (maybe bad idea) I might do better just dry tapering all the way

"Better to deal with the Devil you Know, than meet the Devil you don't know". I've read many people here finding Depression with Diazzy...

For Depression (that AD's never helped) being a "baseline state" - the daily crying jags have abated since spacing doses. The other one's "no sleep switch". Doc's been fighting that one 20 years, he'll know what to do.

Kind vibes, Sis  :smitten:

LC

I want you to pick the taper you really feel will help you the most.  Don't pick one because it's getting close and you are getting anxious .  Believe me, I know the feeling, the dlmt really helped me until I hit this rough spot.  Good luck at Dr tomorrow, keep us posted.  Glad the crying jags have eased up. 

LY, Mary 💜

How's Mary?

Just got back from Doc's... Thing with my Doc - He's gotta be over 75, Lord knows how many suicides he's seen. From patients going off meds. Long chat ... "Doc, I dont want to do this. Remember Mom's Alzheimer?" (he treated)  ... He's cut me to 100 .5mg (1.75). 

I want you to pick the taper you really feel will help you the most.  Don't pick one because it's getting close and you are getting anxious .

For now, "taper brackets" is where I am? At "bottom" 2 was happening "less seldom" ...

So I TRIED for 1.5  - accepting that'd be unlikely. Worked on stabilize, log, learning to sense the "shakes" coming on. And take just enough to hold 'em off. Once they set in they'd not be gone till next AM...

Current (7 day log?) "bracket" @ [1.6 - 1.8] 2 days I hit 1.5, the next day'd be 1.7 (ish). The 1.8' s mighta been "crumble fumble" Either way I backed off 1.5 and went for 1.6-ish...  OFFICIALY being "at" a hard number is a tad stark.

The "Ice is broken", it'll be easier to handle the little b*startds, know "what's going in" etc... The dlmt taper seems the most accurate but I'm not near that stage

I truly DON'T know what I'm doing. If setting a goal 'somewhat ahead' (the 1.6) and easing into sounds like a slow boat up a River in Egypt - call me cleopatra or somethin! (please)

So hope you're doing well  :smitten:

HUGZ

LC

One piece of advice I can offer is just use the back burners of the stove, if possible. I do this in case I lose balance in the kitchen after using the stove. It will help prevent getting your hand burned...

ENVY - our stove-a-saurus has one working burner (in the back). But that's a GOOD tip. Managed to get a fair sized roast from the oven first time in ... well, when I could work, I didn't have time to cook :) 

THANKS

LC

How's Mary?

Just got back from Doc's... Thing with my Doc - He's gotta be over 75, Lord knows how many suicides he's seen. From patients going off meds. Long chat ... "Doc, I dont want to do this. Remember Mom's Alzheimer?" (he treated)  ... He's cut me to 100 .5mg (1.75). 

I want you to pick the taper you really feel will help you the most.  Don't pick one because it's getting close and you are getting anxious .

For now, "taper brackets" is where I am? At "bottom" 2 was happening "less seldom" ...

So I TRIED for 1.5  - accepting that'd be unlikely. Worked on stabilize, log, learning to sense the "shakes" coming on. And take just enough to hold 'em off. Once they set in they'd not be gone till next AM...

Current (7 day log?) "bracket" @ [1.6 - 1.8] 2 days I hit 1.5, the next day'd be 1.7 (ish). The 1.8' s mighta been "crumble fumble" Either way I backed off 1.5 and went for 1.6-ish...  OFFICIALY being "at" a hard number is a tad stark.

The "Ice is broken", it'll be easier to handle the little b*startds, know "what's going in" etc... The dlmt taper seems the most accurate but I'm not near that stage

I truly DON'T know what I'm doing. If setting a goal 'somewhat ahead' (the 1.6) and easing into sounds like a slow boat up a River in Egypt - call me cleopatra or somethin! (please)

So hope you're doing well  :smitten:

HUGZ

LC

Hey LC, my brain is totally not working well, I read what you wrote twice, it sounded to me like you got the pills you needed, am I right?" :).  Mary 💜

Hey LC, my brain is totally not working well, I read what you wrote twice, it sounded to me like you got the pills you needed, am I right?" :).  Mary 💜

TMI!  TMI! Sorry, sorry...  Hoping things settle out. Hang on to "C" (from the A, B, C's)

Yes - He got it right. 

Easy Does It -={HUG}=-  :smitten:

LC