Choosing "Least Awful" c/o Option (HELP?)

[Lo...]

Hi, I'm new & all thought I was coming down with both Alzhiemer & Parkinson...  Praying it's only 4 (?) years of Xanax @1.5 "at bedtime". Nothing else worked for impossible insomnia. (never took during daylight, till I learned it squelched the 5 o'clock crying)

Almost certain it's the Xanax "wants me to take more" cause it wears off too fast.

I must taper off, but ... Is there a longer half life substitue (ProSom?) that could taper down on one bedtime dose? Klonopin (tried years ago for insomnia) was hideous, left me foggy / groggy all day. The "fog" muffled even ADHD meds, was a zombie all day.

On 25 - 35 ritalin through the day about 10 yr. (which helped the insomnia, from being awake & active = more apt to sleep, sometimes) not so sure how an "all day downer" (e.g. Valium) is safe?

Input / suggestions please?

I would suggest crossing from Xanax to Valium. That’s what most people seem to do. I did it—klonopin to Valium. Let me know if you need help.

Let me know if you need help.

VERY need help, thank you. My background is 30+ years recovery AA/NA, (not sure if that's what the "faith based" area is for?). It's best to not 'rely' on just one individual - - if you know others here who can help 'gather a posse' please point them @ meh.

You folks know better, but I suspect much of the trouble is being perscribed a short 1/2 life anxyolitic - when do NOT have anxiety. But have had serious sleep disorder / insomnia since I quit drinking.

This is why I asked about the ProSom - a hypnotic but with 20 hour 1/2 life.

And concerned if Valium might have the same "zombie effect" - cause it also is anxiolytic. From what I've been able to comprehend of ncbi and Wikipedia, the "A" benzos are targetting a different GABA than the "H" ones? So what my ADHD brain feels as "Fogged Lethargy" is what someone with real Anxiety would percieve as relief?

Possibly a "long" hypnotic might be less Day-Fog?

It might not matter, all brains respond different. Assume in "tolerance mode" the damage's is DONE. The GABA stack is hozed (??) So the only germain issue is taper out with LONG half-life something.

I don't know whether to put my "baseline" (current meds & diagnosis) @ my sig (?) to make things transparent for anyone trying to help. It may take time to reconstruct the pharma time line - My cognition is definitely affected.

Thanks so much.

The faith based section is for people who have religion in their lives to help them with their pain. Other than that, I’m still not sure what you are asking. I’m sorry but I cannot help you with a cross over from ProSom to Valium as the former is not sold here. I believe it’s a medium acting Benzo. It’s a great idea to get opinions from a lot of people than just one or two. Hence the PMs are not allowed tapering advice.  I can hope that others stop by this thread to help you, as you suggest. I don’t believe you live in the states like I do. Good luck to you.

I don’t believe you live in the states like I do. Good luck to you.

Yay you're also in US  :D  After todays visit with Therapist, fussing over "what flavor" is silly...

She's wise & seasoned, yet sharing "The Discovery" was no small effort for us both.

Therapist's fully supportive, and agrees tapering too fast might be perilous. Not sure she CAN (legally) "monitor" said taper. Darn the autism, I thought it was expected to request...  :idiot:

Medicare only allows Psychiatrist once 90 days :( 

Can only hope Doc can (legally) write a cross over. In this state they can (normally) write only one kind of Benzo. I hope I'm wrong.

My Q? Is an "Official" monitor (beyond ones Psychiatrist) required?

Thanks Again

LC

I’m sorry but I’m still not sure what you want. Your posts have confused me. If you live here how did you manage to get that benzo? Honestly I’ve never heard of it being sold in this country.... what state has this? If you don’t mind....

LC,

Before going further, it would be helpful if you would write a signature detailing all the drugs you have taken (with dates) and the drugs you are currently taking.  It sounds like you are on Xanax once a day at bedtime and Ritalin 30mgs.

BG is having a hard time understanding what you need help with.  You state you are in the US, but you mention a drug that BG thought was unavailable in the US.  Are you thinking of crossing over from a benzo to a hypnotic, then taper off the hypnotic?

Sofa

it would be helpful if you would write a signature detailing all the drugs you have taken (with dates) and the drugs you are currently taking.  It sounds like you are on Xanax once a day at bedtime and Ritalin 30mgs.

Please pardon word-fail - Now it's cog-fog on top of Autism.

Have a "rough draft" Sig now, (skipped 25 yr of switching SSRI's - I'm in the 30-45% it's just laxative) 

You're correct it's +/- 30 mg Ritalin (closer to 25 now) and 1 - 2 Xanax @ night only, per insomnia.

Estazolam allegedly still on market in US & CA. But seeing this is a challenge for Providers, why re-invent the wheel?  Will have to see what Doc wants to do.

My Apologies.

I’m sorry but I’m still not sure what you want. Your posts have confused me.

Are you thinking of crossing over from a benzo to a hypnotic, then taper off the hypnotic?

Sofa

Yes, that's what "I was thinking" (with mush?)  :idiot: - Now I see there's no painless solution, best I can hope is "Least Harmful".

I can only hope "mush" may improve eventually.

Get to see Doc in a week - Excellent Dr. almost 20 yr. The challenge is Medicare/caid limits to one office visit per 90 days... In the past "Rough patches" we handled by phone - check in calls etc.

Maybe there's hope.

LC

That’s too bad about one visit every 90 days, which is why our health care system is so much worse than other countries. You would think it would be a whole lot better. With my private insurance I can go anytime. Medicare. SMH.

That’s too bad about one visit every 90 days, 

My "addiction special" Therapist can only provide 'moral support'. My BFF works in "the field" and helped clarify that... Therapist can see a "plain therapy" patient @ the facility (they mostly do out-patient detox and suboxone) but if 'drug' enters the picture (officially) ... Never mind. They're only detoxing opiate people there, thank god.

If there's a way "around Medicare" Doc will find it. He's firm to a fault, and equally compassionate. There's no telling how more damaged my brain is, with 9 months of "daily interdose" - but I'm pretty sure he'll take that into account.

Medicare. SMH.

Whoever came up with "Medicare for All"  :idiot: They should spend some time in "open air aushwitz"

Hope you're well  :)

Interdose is really awful. I had it once and it was so terrible ...

My i-w/d was probably a cake walk, compared to the "Whole 9 yards"

Mostly between my ears, by mid afternoon 'Depression' reached walking death, apt to weep over any emotion, by dinner a deep blackness beyond words. The tremor came on 3 months back, the others (sweats, chills, feeble) were overlooked

Spreading my dosage through the day is MUCH less awful. See Doc next week.

He generally makes only once change at a time - may want an AD "on board" before considering c/o.

The current US 'guides' show K, V, and Temazepam. For elders. That ones new to me. Trying to "keep it in the now" and avoid stress over "you're not there yet, silly"  ???

TIA

LC