Subbing 4mg kpin for 2mg/ml diclazepam to d/c. Looking for info and support.

[jw...]

LONG POST

(x-post from tapering forum) I've been on some kind of benzo for about 1 & 1/2 years with a hellish 1 month period of forced cold turkey. I never want to go through that again. That was about 3 months ago and the moment I could get relief I did. I've never been so afraid and unhealthy. Now to the point. I have 40 2mg Klonopin left. I would like some advice on tapering to a lower dose (.5-1mg) as quickly if possible. I'm also on 8mg Suboxone daily which I offered to begin to get off of so it won't be an issue during the benzo taper and they(my sub doc is also my 'primary' Dr.. I go to a teaching clinic, gotta love State healthcare) basically said it's important to stay on it despite it being the NUMBER ONE reason they're so apprehensive of giving me a benzo taper (huh?). My sub doc will take my Suboxone from me if I don't stop the Klonopin EXTREMELY soon. I also VERY much want to stop taking Klonopin).

I'd like to explain why I'm going to a clinic rather than a psychiatrist. I was seeing a fantastic psychiatrist who ended up moving locations and not RXing Suboxone anymore.  she was who started me on Xanax for GAD. I'd still be with her if she didn't make that choice. I ended up with a new Suboxone provider who was very cold and lacked any sort of bed side manner(my mother, a nurse, had to take me to my final appointment with this psychiatrist and made this observation as well without me having to bring it up). As a rule I NEVER lie to medical professionals. They'll find out anyways so why even try? Also that's not who I am today.

My new psych. accused me of lying about having taken Valium a week after we ended my Valium taper (I was in clear withdrawal during this appointment. Shakes, irritability, impending room, Dime sized pupils etc. One look at me and you wouldn't have to second guess it).... Let that sink in. I was tapering for well over a month so it makes sense that it would still be in my system a week after my last drug screening. She said she was taking me off subs and gave me a week taper for the Suboxone then sent me on my way. Luckily there was a time where I was getting 8mg during the day and 2mg at night. If I hadn't saved those I fear both withdrawals at the same time might of ended in fatal results

I feel like my doc doesn't take me seriously when I try to educate them regarding their absurdly quick tapering schedule. I've brought up to them the Ashton manual but they immediately dismiss it. I'm just losing all hope regarding ever being rid of this burden and I've definitely list all faith in the medical community. I need help. No detox center here has any more than a 3 day b/s taper then monitoring. Every psyc I've seen thinks the problem will be over in less than a week so they give me small rxs to basically shut me up. Yes I'm an addict and I get that (I haven't used in a little over a year) complicates things but like I said; I play by the rules these days.

I'm active in NA. Have been for awhile now and it helps pass time and give me a support system but I need an actual plan. I play by the rules and tell the truth to all medical professionals and that has gotten me NOWHERE. How do I get help when telling the truth gets me the same result as lying :-\? Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you so much for reading.

Your signature says you are in 2-4 mg klonopin. Can you please tell me which is it? That’s a large difference in doses and could affect how you feel. Thanks 🙏🏽  No worries, we are here to help... :)

It's usually 4mg a day although it varies. Some days I'll only take 3mg but ya, 99% of the time it's 4mg a day. 2 upon waking and 2 later on in the day. Usually a little before bed. Sorry for being vague the. I forget That more accurate and detailed information = better understanding and help from others. If there's anything else you'd like to know I'm more than willing to share.

Yes. I’d like to know how you managed to get off 12 mg Xanax. And then later to reinstate to 4 mg klonopin. Remember it’s best to take the same doses the same times of day. If you don’t nearly everyone here will tell you it just confuses your CNS and can make for a more difficult taper. Just sayin.... :)

After my first seizure from c/t Xanax I was given a Valium taper. I screwed that up a bit but eventually got off it. Stayed off benzos until this year. Earlier this year I was put on a small dose of Xanax and the cycle began again. Thanks for the dosing tip. I never thought about the importance of keeping a regular dosing schedule. I take it when I get up and that time varies so I'll have to get on a more rigid during schedule. I was given lyica for w/D's during the taper. I did a bit of reading and it seems like it can help but I'm afraid it'll give me tiks like when I was on gabapentin as they are somewhat similar. Tiks give me anxiety. They're my first sign of an incoming seizure.

Currently we're doing a phenobarbital taper. 2x 30mg 3x a day for 2 weeks and then tapering down from that in a few months time I believe. I feel pretty good about this plan. Thoughts, if any?

Please just be careful. Pheno is a very strong a d highly addictive drug. Unlike benzos, you can easily OD on them. I took it once at a detox facility and took only one dose I was bouncing off the walls and felt very sick. It was no a good drug for me.