is my crude water taper a poor choice? , day 490 now

[Ha...]

been doing/using the only taper method I understand how to do,  using water,

getting it down, slowly, but , been wondering if it's making my withdrawal/taper

worse, as I have yet to really have a good day, with nothing but unrelenting symptoms.

wish I had the eyesight, and brain to do a better method,  I have about 0.3 mg's of Klonopin

to go, ( from original running dose, of 1.5 mg's) 

Hello HappyOne,

I'm sorry things are rough for you, let's try to get you some good information that will help you move forward with your taper.

The best choice for liquid titration would be using an RX formula, however in the US it is not available. Are you in the US? If not you may be able to get a prescription oral solution or a compounded suspension.

Klonopin has low solubility in water and low lipid solubility, this is why water is not a good choice for a titration liquid. If you are unable to obtain what I posted above, you can create your own suspension using OraPlus/OraSweet or OraBlend.

If you decide to make your own homemade titration liquid, you can use whole (full fat) milk, vodka/water or proplene glycol/water.

We'll be posting more about titration very soon.  At this point there are come unknowns concerning homemade liquids.

pianogirl

I think the draconian rules of this forum do no allow me to state where I live, but it isn't USA, also I sill ( after 22) months

cannot comprehend, how to make a solution, with anything else, but water, it's my only option, due to my level of intelligence , and my total isolation, I have no help at all locally , pretty well, and I've been extremely housebound the last 2 + years,  it's been a long time.. I'd need a extremely easy way to do it differently..  right now I'm quite discouraged , as my physical health is getting worse, not sure if it's the benzo taper thing , or my heart etc, just bad symptoms daily, never a break...

I think the draconian rules of this forum do no allow me to state where I live, but it isn't USA, also I sill ( after 22) months

cannot comprehend, how to make a solution, with anything else, but water, it's my only option, due to my level of intelligence , and my total isolation, I have no help at all locally , pretty well, and I've been extremely housebound the last 2 + years,  it's been a long time.. I'd need a extremely easy way to do it differently..  right now I'm quite discouraged , as my physical health is getting worse, not sure if it's the benzo taper thing , or my heart etc, just bad symptoms daily, never a break...

There is nothing against forum policy to state what country you live in, that is, unless you prefer not to.

Do you have a doctor who is prescribing klonopin for you?

yeah, I have a doctor, the doctor who put me on Klonopin 5 years ago retired in May,  my family doc

is taking it over, ( the script)  but is fairly clueless on withdrawal/taper itself, so I fumble along/alone

with using 300 ml's of water, for the last 0.5 mg pill, ( which I divide into 3 dose jars) I see doc again

on Nov 1st,  as for compounding, I know nothing about it really ( as far as DIY is concerned) I wish I could

find someone local to help me, ( that's going through this also) at this point I don't know if a valium crossover

is worth it? as I have come so far....  does anyone know how I could go about finding someone local , going through

a taper also? 

Thanks!

yeah, I have a doctor, the doctor who put me on Klonopin 5 years ago retired in May,  my family doc

is taking it over, ( the script)  but is fairly clueless on withdrawal/taper itself, so I fumble along/alone

with using 300 ml's of water, for the last 0.5 mg pill, ( which I divide into 3 dose jars) I see doc again

on Nov 1st,  as for compounding, I know nothing about it really ( as far as DIY is concerned) I wish I could

find someone local to help me, ( that's going through this also) at this point I don't know if a valium crossover

is worth it? as I have come so far....  does anyone know how I could go about finding someone local , going through

a taper also? 

Thanks!

Can you look up Compounding Pharmacies?  They would be able to create a suspension for you.  It will be important to check to make certain that the pharmacy is reputable and has experience preparing formulas of klonopin. 

Most doctors really don't have good knowledge and experience helping people taper off benzos.  Mine was learning along with me.

At this point, since you only have .3mg left to taper, I would probably not make a change to valium.

thanks, I think I'm about 0.3 anyway.. gonna hold now till I see doc on Nov 1st , to hope I can get some help,

as I'm really discouraged , I haven't left the house in 22 months now , aside from going to docs with a social support

worker,  so it's difficult, ( and my family GP doc) doesn't understand anything about taper from benzos,  he keeps wanting

me to take Lyrica , or Cymbalta ( due to my worsening anxiety)  he put me on a Beta Blocker last February , low Dose, Bisoprolol,  but yeah, I  started this water taper June 18th 2018,  and haven't updosed once,  so I definitely have a lot less Klonopin going into me daily than when I started, ( as crude as the method is, it's gotten me this far, but I can't keep suffering like this everyday) I'm 52  and my heart is whack with palps, BP surges, unevenness etc, it's my most horrible symptoms, and I have extreme cardiophobia now, ugh  ( I eat good, no junk barely, and my weight is fine)