Worrying about Other medications

[8a...]

[8a...]

Does anyone else brain torment them all day long about other medications they are on potentially making them worse or preventing them from healing?

edit: added clarification to title of thread

[8a...]

What other medications are you on?

I was put on Remeron a month and a half ago in the psych ward.  I posted about it a few times. Not sure how to get off it.

I take Remeron too for sleep and depression.  Also take Abilify.  I had a stint where I did worry about this but I’m convinced our brains just want benzos and nothing else.  About two weeks ago I took a rescue dose and felt so much better that I knew it wasn’t my antidepressants making me feel like I do. 

Hi, New here and almost life long diazepam user at various doses ,the last year misued and was taking aprox 50mg and sometimes more but had to do something as I was getting out of control and tolerance was high so tapered quickly and eventually under the drink and drugs team got back on to my 6mg daily ( 3x2 mg ) after many months of CBT and counceling I have in 8 days reduced to Zero diazepam ( my own decision). Th phsychiatrist prescribed pregabelin which are helping a bit but I still get benzo cravings at 8 days free. I am determined to remain free from diazepam and eventually come off the pregab also .

Thanks

I'm convinced my additional medications are helping me.

20 mg citalopram

45 mg mirtazapine

5 mg ambien (recently cut from 10 mg, no symptoms)

Plus I'm on a slew of medications for other things. I'm a former cancer patient and that really screws your body up.

• 3 weeks later...

Ive heard ppl talk about this before. I dont understand how other medications could prevent healing. Maybe the ones im on effexor  and gabapentin I may not need in the future. They dont work on gaba rec, so i would think it would be ok. I could be wrong. 

Yes, I worry about it all the time, sometimes making myself really anxious. But I have to move on...I do plan to start tapering pretty soon, but of course that brings anxiety, too.

If you PM Ramcon, I think he knows a lot about other medications and how they work/interact.  If it were me, that’s who I’d contact.

Sofa

Hello sofakingdone,

I'm not sure who you were making your suggestion to, but it's against forum policy to use the PM system to solicit taper or medical advice, it's primarily intended for moral support, fun, and distraction.  When questions and answers are posted on the open forum, everyone can learn from them. 

Pamster

FINAO,

Don’t worry about other meds you are on.  You’ll heal from the benzo and then you can tackle other things.  If the Remeron helps you get through this easier than without it, that’s a benefit.

Sofa