Are young short term users highly likely to 100% recover?

[Ze...]

I've seen even Ashton say only half of people make a 100% recovery?

I'm 29, I took 1mg Ativan for 5 months 1-3 times a week. month took I took once daily.

I was only on it for 6 months total, only one of which was daily use.

I did a 2 week taper(psych suggested) that ended June 11th.

So many sources saying a lot will face lifelong damages, I'm just praying I can fully recover even if it takes me a year or 2.

Oh my, where did you see Ashton say that?  ???

I’m 69, was on and off benzodiazepines for 31 years, had a troublesome recovery, yet am now 100% recovered and have been for some time. I’m only here to support others now.

I believe you will not only recover (age has little to do with it IMO) but well within two years. The majority of people don’t have difficulty recovering from benzodiazepine use. 

[37...]

Here is a paragraph in Dr Ashton's chapter III booklet that gives an idea (not percentage) of what you may expect.

Hope it helps!

Miguel

"A number of people are expressing fears that some benzodiazepine withdrawal symptoms last for ever, and that they can never completely recover. Particular concerns have been raised about impairment of cognitive functions (such as memory and reasoning) and other lingering problems such as muscle pains and gastrointestinal disturbances.

People with such worries can be reassured. All the evidence shows that a steady decline in symptoms almost invariably continues after withdrawal, though it can take a long time - even several years in some cases. Most people experience a definite improvement over time so that symptoms gradually decrease to levels nowhere near as intense as in the early days of withdrawal, and eventually almost entirely disappear. All the studies show steady, if slow, improvement in cognitive ability and physical symptoms. Although most studies have not extended beyond a year after withdrawal, the results suggest that improvement continues beyond this time. There is absolutely no evidence that benzodiazepines cause permanent damage to the brain, nervous system or body".

Here is a paragraph in Dr Ashton's chapter III booklet that gives an idea (not percentage) of what you may expect.

Hope it helps!

Miguel

"A number of people are expressing fears that some benzodiazepine withdrawal symptoms last for ever, and that they can never completely recover. Particular concerns have been raised about impairment of cognitive functions (such as memory and reasoning) and other lingering problems such as muscle pains and gastrointestinal disturbances.

People with such worries can be reassured. All the evidence shows that a steady decline in symptoms almost invariably continues after withdrawal, though it can take a long time - even several years in some cases. Most people experience a definite improvement over time so that symptoms gradually decrease to levels nowhere near as intense as in the early days of withdrawal, and eventually almost entirely disappear. All the studies show steady, if slow, improvement in cognitive ability and physical symptoms. Although most studies have not extended beyond a year after withdrawal, the results suggest that improvement continues beyond this time. There is absolutely no evidence that benzodiazepines cause permanent damage to the brain, nervous system or body".

:thumbsup:

Plus you are young enough and have been relatively short term. You were only on it daily for one month. The thing is it's different for everyone, but I'm pretty sure you will make a complete recovery and if I were to guess, probably in a fairly short period of time....as in under 6 months. However, some people may have an allergy to benzos so even short term use can cause bad damage....but that is rare.