Reorganisation of Forum Boards

[Co...]

Hi.

As you may have already noticed, we are reorganising some of the forum, particularly boards relating to taper/withdrawal and recovery support. A few more changes to go before I've moved everything, but if you get lost, the lists below detail all the changes. Nothing has actually gone away!

There are some other changes in the works - we will keep you updated.

Thanks.

Key:

Categories

Boards

Sub-boards

=> ('Redirect' board)

[subscription board]

Board unaffected/unchanged

Present structure:

• [...]
  • Planning Your Taper
    • General Taper Plans
    • Substitution Taper Plans
    • Titration Taper Plans
    • Progress Log

[*]Benzodiazepine Withdrawal & Recovery Support

• Withdrawal Support (during your taper)
    • Post-withdrawal Recovery Support
    • Cold Turkey, Detox & Rapid Withdrawal

[*]Subscription & Support Groups

• Support Groups
    • => Subscribe: Protracted Recovery Support
    • => Subscribe: Español/Spanish
    • => Subscribe: Faith-based Support

[*]Your Subscription Groups:

• [Protracted Recovery Support]
    • [Español/Spanish Group]
    • [Faith-based Support]
    • [CoM Cache]

[*]More Support

• Insomnia
    • Anxiety
    • Depression
    • Other Medications
    • General Health & Wellbeing
    • Alternative Therapies & Supplements

[*]The Nexus

• Buddie Blogs
    • Accentuate the Positive!
    • Chewing the Fat
    • Benzos in the News
    • Off-Topic

[*][...]

[*]Archives

• Archived Board: Withdrawal & Recovery Support
    • Deprecated Community Policies & Documents
    • Archive: 2004-09-17 to 2007-03-10
    • Events and Anniversaries
    • Buddie Space

New structure, with category and board title changes:

• [...]
  • Benzodiazepine Withdrawal & Recovery Support
    • Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans)
      • Direct Simple Tapers
      • Substitution
      • Titration

[*]Progress Log

[*]Withdrawal Support

[*]Post-withdrawal Recovery Support

[*][Protracted Recovery Support]

[*]Cold Turkey, Detox & Rapid Withdrawal

[*]More Support

• Support Groups

[*]Insomnia

[*]Anxiety

[*]Depression

[*]Other Medications

[*]General Health & Wellbeing

[*][Faith-based Support]

[*]Alternative Therapies & Supplements

[*]The Nexus

• Buddie Blogs
    • Accentuate the Positive!
    • Chewing the Fat
    • Benzos in the News
    • Off-Topic
    • [Español/Spanish Group]

[*][...]

[*]Archives

• Archived Board: Titration Taper Plans
    • Archived Board: Withdrawal & Recovery Support
    • Deprecated Community Policies & Documents
    • [CoM Cache]
    • Archive: 2004-09-17 to 2007-03-10
    • Events and Anniversaries
    • Buddie Space

NB 'Titration Taper Plans' is archived, and 'Titration' is a new board.

Deprecated Categories:

• Planning Your Taper
  • Subscription & Support Groups
  • Your Subscription Groups:

Board redirects moved to sub-board locations:

I think the new reorganization is not as straight forward as the previous layout.  Before it was more straightforward to go to the different tapering sections.  You could follow your bookmarked link to the Benzobuddies forum and immediately see which of the Taper Plan categories--General Taper, Substitution Taper, and Liquid Titration--had new posts. 

Before I make my criticism I want to stress that I this is to be the best benzo resource site on the internet in terms of content, organization of the board, and people.  It was from here that I learned about the Ashton taper which I used to crossover to Valium from Klonopin, and to taper down using dry cuts until the sxs became too overwhelming.  It is also where I learned how to liquid taper thanks to the poster Builder. 

Having said that, I don't like the new title "Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans)."  The inclusion of the word withdrawal has negative connotations and might result in some new people not even looking at it.  I realize that withdrawal happens, but I think a better title would be simply "Planning Your Taper Plan."  I am sure that the staff has probably given the matter some thought, but this is my thoughts on it.

You also moved all of the active threads from the Liquid Titration Plans section dating up to October 18, 2019 in the  into a separate Archive section.  This makes it less likely that people will look at them.  Further, you have stated that you will lock those threads, and will likely move those archives further from the current location.  This was an active section with active threads.  It is obvious you are trying to the posts in the Liquid Tapering section up until that date under the rug because you have major issues with a certain poster.  This is a poster who is a very knowledgeable and helpful member on this board and has patiently answered more questions than anyone else by far.  I understand you have some issues with his presentation and strong opinions at times, but this seems like a case of an old axiom that I heard attributed to some military officials in the US use during the Vietnam War: "We had to destroy the village in order to save it.” 

Colin, in spite of my criticism I really appreciate what you have created and developed here, along with all of your staff who keeps this place going on a day to day basis.

there should be a General Questions forum,  as even now, I still have trouble deciding what place to

put the odd question, or random benzo query ???

You post questions to any of the boards. having said that, we are compiling some simple FAQs, and there are other sticky notices going up which should help.

We have not quite decided in the containing board, 'Planning You Withdrawal (Taper Plans) will contain just stickied information, or if members will be able to start threads there. Certainly, we always appreciate feedback. Even if the suggestion should be a non-starter, it invariably provides an opportunity to explain why things are arranged the way they are.

If you have questions about your actual taper, post to the appropriate taper board. If your question is more about symptoms, post to the Withdrawal Support or Post-withdrawal Support boards.

The idea behind combining Taper and Withdrawal Support categories into one is that the boards are in a logical order of likely. So, Taper Plans, followed by Withdrawal Support, then Post-Withdrawal Support (and then the (subscription) Protracted Withdrawal Support board for those who need it).

Hi Colin....a question please.  :)

Time and time again I do my best helping members to navigate the Forum.

One pm from this morning.

'' Modify?? Whats that mean? I know what that means but how would i do it say if i posted it and it didn’t work.  Do i bother you to much? I really don’t mean to. You’ve been so nice and helpful.    :brickwall:      :thumbsup: ''

Colin....I was thinking of an instruction  manual how to navigate the Forum....some folks are even clueless how to see new replies to their post.

Just an idea....thank you.

You post questions to any of the boards. having said that, we are compiling some simple FAQs, and there are other sticky notices going up which should help.

We have not quite decided in the containing board, 'Planning You Withdrawal (Taper Plans) will contain just stickied information, or if members will be able to start threads there. Certainly, we always appreciate feedback. Even if the suggestion should be a non-starter, it invariably provides an opportunity to explain why things are arranged the way they are.

If you have questions about your actual taper, post to the appropriate taper board. If your question is more about symptoms, post to the Withdrawal Support or Post-withdrawal Support boards.

The idea behind combining Taper and Withdrawal Support categories into one is that the boards are in a logical order of likely. So, Taper Plans, followed by Withdrawal Support, then Post-Withdrawal Support (and then the (subscription) Protracted Withdrawal Support board for those who need it).

I'm curious: Do you plan to provide assistance in the form of a dedicated category for e.g. Up-dosing, Reinstatement and similar plans of action for those that find tapering & cessation become, for whatever reasons, an inviable option or is it intended that this Forum be a one-way street, so to speak?

Hi Colin....a question please.  :)

Time and time again I do my best helping members to navigate the Forum.

One pm from this morning.

'' Modify?? Whats that mean? I know what that means but how would i do it say if i posted it and it didn’t work.  Do i bother you to much? I really don’t mean to. You’ve been so nice and helpful.    :brickwall:      :thumbsup: ''

Colin....I was thinking of an instruction  manual how to navigate the Forum....some folks are even clueless how to see new replies to their post.

Just an idea....thank you.

Thank you for interest and suggestion, Morreweg.

We had something like that in the past, the FUM (Forum User Manual). But it was long (somewhat unwieldy), incomplete, and not properly maintained. We removed it many years ago.

As for using basic forum functions, I would point members to the 'help' button on the forum main menu.

We might look at bringing back some kind of FUM as part of our reorganisation and documentation updates.

I'm curious: Do you plan to provide assistance in the form of a dedicated category for e.g. Up-dosing, Reinstatement and similar plans of action for those that find tapering & cessation become, for whatever reasons, an inviable option or is it intended that this Forum be a one-way street, so to speak?

You raise an interesting point. All of those things are worthy of discussion and support. However, it is of a somewhat minority interest, and there is limited amounts of advice/feedback we might offer in those situations. I think they would be best supported via stickied information. Having said that, there is no obvious good fit with any of the existing boards. Perhaps we can add a sub-board. Not sure. I will seek some feedback from other team members. Do you have any specific suggestions?

Although BB is primarily organised to help people seeking to withdraw from benzodiazepines, we do not seek to push members into such decisions. Properly, these are decisions for the individual to take in consultation with their doctor. If a member wishes to reinstate, for whatever reason, they are supported too. After all, surely the goal of us all is to be the best we can be. For some people, all things considered, this might mean remaining on benzodaizepines or even reinstating.