Clonazepam .5mg tid to Diazepam 10mg tid

[Sp...]

Approx. 5 years ago I was prescribed Clonazepam three times a day without any warnings.  After 5 years started feeling as if I was going thru withdrawal.  Shock! An MD said I could easily do it 3 months.  Decided to taper 0.25mg/week.  Disaster.  Searched Internet.  Found Dr. Ashton.  Went to new MD and requested a Diazepam taper.  Weaned Clonazepam to be replaced with Diazepam 30mg/day.  3 months now.  Down to 26mg/day Diazepam.  Big deal.  Feel like hell.  +++anxiety, depression, can't get out of bed.  +++discouraged.

Hi Sparky-cat.

I’m sorry this is rough going for you. I hope you’ll find some options here that make your taper more tolerable.

Here are a couple of taper boards to choose from. The titration board offers an option to taper from liquid, which allows for smaller daily cuts.

General Taper Plans   

Titration Taper Plans

Other members replying to your posts generally prefer to know where you are in the process. If you’d like, here’s how to add your benzodiazepine information automatically to your posts: go to Profile, then Forum Profile, write your pertinent info (benzodiazepine, dose, taper history) in the text box and save. Thanks! Let us know if you need help with this.

Take care,

Challis  :smitten: