Long Time Klonopin User starting to taper again

[Hu...]

I have taken klonopin for many years for insomnia and anxiety and have attempted to taper before and when I got down to below .25 mg and discontinued I spent three nights without sleep and ended up in emergency room. I have currently cut to approx. 1.25 mg of klonopin and have held at this amount for the past week.  I saw the Lisa Ling program the other evening and saw that one of the participants in the program was able to get a liquid form of the benzo so she could taper at the micro gram level. I would sincerely appreciate any information on obtaining the proper micro-gram scale and how to find a practitioner who would prescribe klonopin in liquid form or whether I could crush the pills when I get down to the .25 gram amount again and place powder on the scale. Any advice would be much appreciated. 

Hi Hubba!

Glad you’re here for help and support for the rest of your Klonopin taper.

Here’s a link to our Titration Taper Plans board.

The Ashton Manual is a comprehensive and highly regarded free online resource about benzodiazepine use, withdrawal and recovery. If you’re not familiar with it we recommend having a look.

Other members replying to your posts generally prefer to know where you are in the process, so here’s how to add your benzodiazepine information automatically to your posts: go to Profile, then Forum Profile, write your pertinent info (benzodiazepine, dose, taper history) in the text box and save. Thanks! Let us know if you need help with this.

Take care,

Challis  :smitten: