Is my mind playing tricks on me? please slap me

[50...]

Having days with a longer "feeling normal" state after 7 weeks. My brain tells me popping an alprazolam may help my body recall what it truly feels like to be relaxed. "just one dose 0.5 and you'll relax and sleep and you'll wake up feeling normal", "you don't have to do another one ever again"

advice? or the devil speaking? lol

I've been trapped in that mode for 5 months. I've come to the conclusion I'll never heal until I leave it behind forever. Sometimes this is very hard, and we tend to suffer from hypochondria due to the vast array of symptoms (this is one of the official symptoms of benzo wd). When I do take a little benzo, I feel completely cured. So I've already done that experiment to prove to myself that these symptoms are caused by benzo wd. So, unless I develop a completely new symptom, I know in my heart that my condition is caused by the benzo wd, so if I can bear it, I should stay away to allow myself to heal. So, yeah, it's the devil...

Or maybe not. Many people find that benzodiazepines don’t have the same effect once they’ve tapered.

I tried an extra dose once (at the low end of my taper) and it did nothing at all. No relief, nothing. I didn’t try again, it was just as well it didn’t work, I never considered it after that.