Do I need to do something quick?

[e8...]

[e8...]
I feel that I am in acute tolerance withdrawal.  What do I do?  Trying to hold back the horrific adreneline surges using propanolol.  Do I need detox?  How do I start a slow taper like this????

Hi Look,

I hear you. You might be right, but you also might be wrong. When ON benzos, ones mind does not work at its best capacity. It wont be til you get OFF benzos before you know the answer to that. I would be careful "self medicating." Beta Blockers are very powerful drugs, and not one the average person should "self dose."

Another thought I have is this. Most of us got on benzos because we thought that if something wasn't right with us, we should reach for yet another pill. Wrong, wrong, wrong. Getting off benzos and ADs means learning how to deal with stuff like anxiety and fear WITHOUT resorting to a drug.

I was much like you. Actually, I was a lot worse than  you! I had bought into the entire pill stuff long ago, because I am a nurse. Getting off benzos was, by far, the best thing I ever did.

I am not a taper expert but we have many members who are. You can start a slow taper with guidance, and the willingness to KNOW you may not always feel great. Benzo wd is a beast, no doubt about that. But nor should you continue to take these drugs.

You might want to read the first couple pages of my Blog, Eastcoast';s Trip. I tried to detail my awful withdrawal after 30 years on benzos. I just wrote in it so it should be near the top of the page.

east

[e8...]

Hi Look,

I hear you. You might be right, but you also might be wrong. When ON benzos, ones mind does not work at its best capacity. It wont be til you get OFF benzos before you know the answer to that. I would be careful "self medicating." Beta Blockers are very powerful drugs, and not one the average person should "self dose."

Another thought I have is this. Most of us got on benzos because we thought that if something wasn't right with us, we should reach for yet another pill. Wrong, wrong, wrong. Getting off benzos and ADs means learning how to deal with stuff like anxiety and fear WITHOUT resorting to a drug.

I was much like you. Actually, I was a lot worse than  you! I had bought into the entire pill stuff long ago, because I am a nurse. Getting off benzos was, by far, the best thing I ever did.

I am not a taper expert but we have many members who are. You can start a slow taper with guidance, and the willingness to KNOW you may not always feel great. Benzo wd is a beast, no doubt about that. But nor should you continue to take these drugs.

You might want to read the first couple pages of my Blog, Eastcoast';s Trip. I tried to detail my awful withdrawal after 30 years on benzos. I just wrote in it so it should be near the top of the page.

east

You are so kind.  Thank you. I will read it.  I am having thyroid level issues so cannot start yet.  What I don’t get is if I am having symptoms now, how do stabilize to taper, or don’t I?  I sometimes just want to go to Betty Ford!  Oh, my endo prescribed the beta blocker for my hyperthyroid. So complex..  It definitely makes things worse.  Please stay hang in there with me.  I need support!

The beta blocker seems to be making you worse? Not sure what to make of that but truth yourself on this. However, do NOT suddenly stop taking a beta blocker!

Can you afford Betty Ford??? I wish I cold have! I am not totally against rehabs, just the cruddy ones who don't really know a thing about benzos. I know that because I worked in TWO of those places as a nurse. Utter nonsense, money grabbing useless places.

Whatever, I could not afford a decent rehab so I had to do it all by myself. And I did it and I survived and I really am now thriving.

Keep in touch, please. Because of where I came from, I still feel a strong need to help others in the same boat. Helping others helps me too. I will continue to grow and learn for as long as I am alive, now that I am NOT on benzos.

east (Annie)

[e8...]

The beta blocker seems to be making you worse? Not sure what to make of that but truth yourself on this. However, do NOT suddenly stop taking a beta blocker!

Can you afford Betty Ford??? I wish I cold have! I am not totally against rehabs, just the cruddy ones who don't really know a thing about benzos. I know that because I worked in TWO of those places as a nurse. Utter nonsense, money grabbing useless places.

Whatever, I could not afford a decent rehab so I had to do it all by myself. And I did it and I survived and I really am now thriving.

Keep in touch, please. Because of where I came from, I still feel a strong need to help others in the same boat. Helping others helps me too. I will continue to grow and learn for as long as I am alive,

now that I am NOT on benzos.

east (Annie)

The beta blocker is actually helping me with the adreneline surges.  Still getting twitching, tingling though.  Have to get thyroid under control first.  Hard to tell which is coming form which also!  But being on benzo makes me go to that as I have read about tolerance wthdrawal. Then don’t know whether to start a long, slow taper on my own feeling like this or go in house.