Just wondering. I have been c/t 25 days lost 12 lbs

[tm...]

Is it normal to lose 1/2 pound a day going through w/d c/t? I don't have much of an appetite but it seems like weight is just dropping. Is there a reason for this or do  :sick: cause weight gain?

That’s probably why you’re losing weight. I’d eat exactly what I wanted to right now...comfort food, whatever sounds good. Maybe Ensure so you get basic nutrients.

I started out a thin person. I lost 10 pounds total, most of it in the first month or 2, then lost like 4 or 5 more, but gained those 5 back.

I am 5 months from C/T and have maintained just the same 10 pound deficit. But I ALWAYS eat. I mean to tell you the truth...I spent many weeks and months just forcing it so I wouldn't lose anymore and be weaker. I just made myself eat 3 times a day and snacks between so like 6 times... however I was an athlete and that is how I always ate before all this. So basically, I just eat exactly the way I always have, because I want my body to feel as normal as possible.

Even if the portions are smaller, I just eat on time to keep my body level.

All that to say...try and eat like you normally would,lol. Skipping meals is never good on anyone's system, even not in W/D

I agree with Challis. Whatever you want to eat is fine. You can fuss about calories and health later on.

Many people lose weight in benzo wd. Some of this is because you have a lot of gaba receptors through your entire GI Tract. Upset stomachs, diarrhea, lip sores, stomach pain, etc., are common.

How are you doing otherwise? Okay? Scared?

east

I lost close 30 pounds over 10 months. The biggest drop was when I did a CT. I did reinstate, tapered slowly, and finally went to liquid titration.

There are a lot of people here at BB who lost weight getting off benzos. Some of us forgot to eat. Others did not feel well enough to eat. Then there are the sensations where the foods taste off.

My appetite is better now that I'm off Xanax. I've just stayed stable at my current weight which is actually a good weight for me.

Try not to worry about your weight, unless it is physically dangerous. Most of the benzo withdrawal issues seem to sort out as you get better.

All the best to you, LA

Hi Tmac, I completely lost my appetite for the first 4 month following c/t.  I had to force down smoothies and spoonfuls of peanut butter.  I thought malnutrition was gonna kill me if the other sxs didn't.  I tried so many different foods.  The texture and smells of foods just gagged me.

I was able to get a smoothie down that had almond milk, yogurt, banana, other frozen fruit and coconut oil.  I added a protein powder too.  This was my sustenance for awhile...

My weight loss was concerning too.  My appetite slowly returned and is back to normal.  Still could use a few pounds.  The best to you.

I lost 20lbs and it was scary because I only weighed 120 to start with. I lost my appetite for over a year,  hardly eating anything. I always felt nauseous and food was so gross to me. I survived on toast and protein drinks. I liked the collagen ones the best. And later I could eat eggs. I finally got my appetite back and have gained back all of the weight. I agree with everyone here, eat whatever you can, try to get as much protein as you can.

I lost 25 pounds in one month, and then gained 30 pounds over two months. Almost everything that can possibly happen to you can happen to you during tapering and withdrawal. Though most of it won't.

Some people find that this is all attributable to Benzos comforting.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes B, Many mention 'muscle wasting' which also happened to me.  It was more than atrophy from lack of movement.  Something is happening in the body where it uses muscle for energy.  I will try and track down that thread.  The good news is that the weight and muscle mass does return with time, high protein diet and light exercise.  I can now incorporate some strength training and my old body is responding well.  I am 58.

[20...]
Thank you,  I have no appetite, not stressing about it.  Eat what I can and take daily walks, doing stretches throughout day nothing too hard.  Going to get some protein to put in shakes.  I can eat my shakes!

When I started this journey to get off benzos, I weighed 85 lbs soaking wet. I was using a walker back then, I had to, due to a serious injury I had to my right leg. That injury was caused by my taking benzos. I looked like a skeleton who also had large breasts (excuse my being graphic!)

I had weight loss surgery back in 2003. That surgery worked TOO well. I now struggle with trying to GAIN weight. How weird is that????!!!

Benzos do cause changes in appetite. Many people lose weight during withdrawal. OR while ON benzos. Those drugs numb you and because you have tons of gaba receptors throughout your GI tract, losing weight can happen even if you don't want to lose weight.

Try not to worry about this. Your job now is to heal from benzos and do whatever iut takes to get you through the time that takes.

You guys are true warriors. Keep on going no matter what.

east