Klonopin 5+ years ugh!

[ha...]

Hello!

I found this forum through a web search in August. In July I asked my doctor about starting the conversation about a taper. My basic dose was 0.75mg Klonopin per day divided in 2 doses, and he let me updose to total 1.25mg per day about a year ago.

I started my taper at the end of August 2019 and am currently at 0.875mg.

In the past I've been prescribed Ativan and Valium for different reasons. I don't take any other drugs at the moment, and only take Klonopin because I am dependent.

I'll make a post with more details in the tapering thread. I am extremely motivated to get off this drug. Thanks for reading and have a great day!

Hi haveagreatday.

Glad you’re here for support and information! I’d start on the General Taper Plans board for help with your Klonopin taper.

Other members replying to your posts generally prefer to know where you are in the process, so here’s how to add your benzodiazepine information automatically to your posts: go to Profile, then Forum Profile, write your pertinent info (benzodiazepine, dose, taper history) in the text box and save. Thanks! Let us know if you need help with this.

Take care,

Challis  :smitten:

The Ashton Manual is a comprehensive and highly regarded free online resource about benzodiazepine use, withdrawal and recovery. If you’re not familiar with it we recommend having a look.