Hi-Flurazepam Shortage, Withdrawls!

[Sp...]

I have been taking 15 mg of Flurazepam (long acting benzo) at bedtime for insomnia for 35 years. Mylan has stopped  manufacturing it until mid December, so I can't get any to taper. I tried switching to Temazepam, but it's a short acting benzo and doesn't help at all with withdrawls or sleep! Should I try 5 mg of Diazepam? Please help, I can't function going cold turkey:(

Hi Sparkie.

There is indeed a wait until early to mid December for flurazepam. It would seem like Valium would be a better choice to substitute because of the similar long-acting nature.

I’d ask in Withdrawal Support (during your taper) what other members of the community think about a substitution.

The Ashton Manual is a comprehensive and highly regarded free online resource about benzodiazepine use, withdrawal and recovery. If you’re not familiar with it we recommend having a look.

Other members replying to your posts generally prefer to know where you are in the process, so here’s how to add your benzodiazepine information automatically to your posts: go to Profile, then Forum Profile, write your pertinent info (benzodiazepine, dose, taper history) in the text box and save. Thanks! Let us know if you need help with this.

Take care,

Challis  :smitten: