Has anyone studied acetaminophen, benzo's & gaba?

[Ma...]

I researched it yesterday, and it seems they are related in some way, but I really couldn't understand it.  Has anyone else researched it?    Thanks for all replies.  Mary

Quote from another doing research

"I got the feeling that it affected the same enzyme pathways that Tylenol and Valium both use because that’s what I read. ".    Again, certainly not positive, these are things we are reading on the medical sights.  Take it for what you will. 

Even if the same metabolic pathways are used for the same drugs that doesn't necessarily mean taking the drugs together will have an impact on blood levels.

I don't have a reference, but I have read labeling leaflets (the big sheets of paper in super tiny type) that discuss taking drugs with other drugs that are metabolized by the same pathway but don't have any effect on blood levels.

But, there are also cases where taking a drug does have an effect on blood levels of another drug.

I guess my point is, it's the blood levels that have to be measured. Knowing that two drugs are metabolized by the same pathway doesn't help any.

Even if a study shows that acetaminophen has an interaction on gaba receptors it doesn't impart any knowledge about that effect on people.

Even if the same metabolic pathways are used for the same drugs that doesn't necessarily mean taking the drugs together will have an impact on blood levels.

I don't have a reference, but I have read labeling leaflets (the big sheets of paper in super tiny type) that discuss taking drugs with other drugs that are metabolized by the same pathway but don't have any effect on blood levels.

But, there are also cases where taking a drug does have an effect on blood levels of another drug.

I guess my point is, it's the blood levels that have to be measured. Knowing that two drugs are metabolized by the same pathway doesn't help any.

Even if a study shows that acetaminophen has an interaction on gaba receptors it doesn't impart any knowledge about that effect on people.

Thanks for responding.  This is so confusing.  I have bad muscle pain and just found out nsaids can cause problems.  Just trying to find something to use.  Appreciate it  :)

I'm an ibuprofen user myself. Ever since I read that a coroner can tell if someone is a regular acetaminophen user just by looking at their liver I'm like "no way."

I put the link in my plog. Hope it helps. From what i read it didnt look to serious. But again, found on a post. Love dd

Thanks DD, I will read it  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: