Some sort of custom intro title insert here

[...]

I joined so I could post and ask advice.

I currently take 3mg of Clonazepam. Previously took 2mg for ~15 years without any major issues.

I only deviated from 2mg when I knew I was going to be in a position/event of high anxiety. I'd take .5mg to 1mg 1h before that event. It was fairly successful for 15 years. I managed to slowly become less anxious over the years to the point that I had weeks of not feeling anxious at all. I knew the triggers. 

I'm considering tapering off of it. I had a pretty bad string of experiences that screwed my dose up. I took god knows how many mg while having a panic attack in an airport and then while on vacation I continued to have screwed up anxiety probably from the withdraw of taking 4-5mg. I got off "vacation" back home and was taking 4mg once before bed to feel "normal". I quickly cut that back to 3mg before bed over the course of a week or so. I mostly laid in bed.

Currently I'm pretty functional on 3mg but at night my anxiety goes up. Probably related to depression and a basic lack of people also awake to interact with.

Hi fayt :hug: and Welcome to Benzobuddies

I am pleased that you joined, you will get plenty of sound advice from our community. I am glad you are considering tapering off this medication. Benzodiazepines are really only recommended short term. Do some research on the forum before you decide on a taper method?  Withdrawal is not easy but it’s worth it.  You will get a lot of support and encouragement from members here.

If you decide to taper off, then In general it’s suggested reducing between 5% and 10% of the daily dose every 10 to 14 days.  You can alter the schedule,  some of us need to taper slower. This is to keep any symptoms to a minimum allowing one to remain as functional as possible. 

Check out the Ashton Manual, It’s great for understanding the effect benzodiazepines have on our body.  It also provides taper schedules and withdrawal information.  You will find some valuable support and info on the forum.  Please feel free to browse the boards and post questions to any of the dedicated threads.

You could check out this support group:

Klonopin Klub  members will be happy to share their experience and offer advice. 

I'll leave you a few links:

The Ashton Manual

General Taper Plans

If you would care to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita

Thank you. I had read most of your forum before signing up.

I finished reading the Ashton Manual and figured I'd sign up.

I'm pretty experienced with chemistry and studied psychopharmacology when I did one of my degrees.

I mostly need to figure out if I should bother moving from Clonazepam to another like Diazepam as Ashton seems to suggest or simply use a volumetric method to taper off.

I had been planning to do this for years but I was SO stable at 2mg it caused me anxiety to think about tapering.

The only time I dosed differently was when I quit smoking the first time. I moved to 1mg 3x a day. So 3mg total.

Thanks for the warm welcome and the links.

Ryan