American dosing so much higher than European???

[wa...]

I am assuming it is a national thing, it drives me crazy when I see people dosed at 2 or 4 or less than 1mg of any benzo when my doses in America always started at 30mg. Florazapam, tamazapine, etc...

It is so crazy that dosing of a drug can be so incredibly different.

What on earth causes these differences?

I just don't get it,  Keep hoping I'm wrong and somehow misunderstanding when someone states their starting dose on a z drug is a micro dose to me.

sorry for the ramble. incredibly stressed and anxious tonight. 

• 2 weeks later...
Different benzos have different strengths. For example 1 mg Xanax equals 1 mg Klonopin equals 15 mg Valium equals 30 mg Oxazepam equals 30 mg Flurazepam etc.

What Lily said. There’s some variation I’ve seen with Valium equivalencies, I was prescribed 20mg Valium as the equivalent to 1 mg Klonopin when I crossed over. It all depends on the potency of the benzo, though. Valium is low potency, so you need more to get the same effect as a “smaller” dose of a more potent benzo.

I've been to Europe (and other continents) more than a handful of times, and everyone was so surprised I took medication in general. One even said "That is SO American", and I noticed the people there seem to be happier, very sociable, but it might be due to the social welfare to alleviate the every day anxieties of life.