Anyone els make them selves so much worse because they dint know?

[Ac...]

I dint know what the hell was happening to me for a while and because of my ignorance, put alot of things in my body that have made me ten times worse. I just dint know! Since iv been in withdrawl iv drank 5 times, smoked weed 3 time, took ashwagonda 2 times, took magnesium for a few months, had propofol for an endoscopy, had contrast for a ct scan. Im a complete mess. i feel so off balance and faint and heavy like im being sucked into the ground and so many other symptoms, who knows what effected me and what dint. Anyone els mess them selves up many times like me?

yup thats it. unless my dentist used it on me for some reason and i dint realize. Iv had many dental procedures done since i was a kid mostly extractions because my baby teeth would not come out on there own. thats the only other thing i can think of.

A couple of weeks of benzodiazepine use, unless they were high doses, is unlikely (not impossible, just unlikely) to bring about changes in GABAa receptors that would still be causing so many problems a year later.  Has your doctor done thorough testing for any other possible causes?

i got a ct scan for the chest pain then after that my doctor told me i can either come in to talk about my anxiety or dont come in at all lol.

severe sleep jerks

severe head pressure

hard to keep my head up

body feeling like its lead

feeling faint and drowsy

feeling like my arms are not moving right

pvc heart fluttering and other arrhythmia

sharp belly cramps and bloating

chest pain, chest feels weird

adrenaline, uneasiness, sensations of something is very wrong

inner vibrations

breathing issues

some moderate Akathisia

headaches like i never had before

swallowing issues and cough

getting a cold kicks up my symptoms

in acute i had alot of sweating, visual fuzz, and dint sleep a wink for 5 days.

dose not make any sence too me either but its been brutal.

Those do sound like classic benzodiazepine cessation symptoms.  Good thing you weren’t on them longer!

Your doctor doesn’t sound too sympathetic.  :sick:

I was on 1-2mg Ativan for a weak and a half after going to the hospital with tachycardia, chest pain, shortness of breath, and lightheadedness. All obvious anxiety symptoms but the difference for me is that they all started while I was trying a super low carb diet. On keto flue message boards iv found people complaining about all these same symptoms and even a few story’s of people going to the hospital and them not finding anything. I dint know about keto flue at the time so I was scared and trusted the doctors for some reason. I think keto causes some kind of invisible electrolyte loss and when I added benzos to that it amped the withdrawal up x10.

According to your earlier posts you were put on Ativan in the first place because you were experiencing anxiety symptoms. When you stopped the Ativan these same symptoms returned, worse than before and with other symptoms as well.

I'm not sure this was caused by two weeks of Ativan. I'm wondering what caused the symptoms you experienced before Ativan, the symptoms for which you took Ativan.

I'm especially interested in your antibiotics history. You say you've had a lot of dental procedures: extractions in particular. Typically dentists will prescribe antibiotics after an extraction. How many times were you put on antibiotics? And do you remember whether you were put on Cipro or Levaquin? Antibiotics can cause problems, especially if they're in the group called fluoroquinolones, like Cipro or Levaquin. And doctors love to prescribe Cipro. It's got to be their preferred antibiotic for everything these days - even for things that can't be cured by any antibiotic. Twice I was put on Cipro by dentists, and then I started experiencing serious anxiety. I never made the connection between the Cipro and the anxiety, back then. I only learned about it later. So think about it. What antibiotics did you take, and when?

It was all when i was a kid so idk. Google "keto flu and dizziness" or "keto and tachicardia", and that will explain why i was put on ativan in the first place. keto makes people sick all the time. Im sure thats why i dint feel well initially but im also sure that it would have cleared up in a few weeks if i had left it alone.

also, another thing is that ativan never got rid of those initial symptoms only helped with the tachycardia and made me feel good so i tried it foolishly.

electrolytes are very important to the functioning of your cns and i dont think its hard to see the connection and possibility of me being deficient made me more vulnerable to benzos

I wouldn't worry too much about drinking and smoking weed a bit since withdrawal. I did too and took 2mgs of K daily for 5 years and then cold-turleyed and was cast into a torturous benzo nightmare trip for months. Yet here I am a year later doing MUCH better and recovering daily by staying sober and purging other unhealthy addictions/habits. If I can do it you can too! Sorry you're suffering though so far out after such short use. Also, CT scans for structural damage I'm sure your know that now and your definitely don't have any of that!

To your question, have we done anything to mess up , the answer to that is a big yes.  Having so little guidance and being so clueless in the beginning, most of us caused ourselves a lot of problems.  I am so sorry such a small dose affected you so badly.  There are quite a few others here at bb that happened to as well.  I hope some more people answer.  Good luck, Mary 💜

You are not alone!  I took only Ativan 9.5 weeks.  I'm 13.5 months benzo free and still suffering immensely.  I am more convinced again that Ativan is the worst of the benzos.  Too many short term Ativan users with long-term suffering, like me.  It does the most damage in a short period of time, no doubt.  I had to take it for a couple of panic attacks in June 2018, due to a break up and drinking excessively.  I drank about 5 times since I quit as well - same story.  Pre-Ativan I had anxiety and depression once in a while and I know they were like a 3 out of ten at worst, and just different, not NEARLY as scary or intense as now.  After Ativan my brain has changed.  I don't feel the same, think the same, hope the same.  No doubt in my mind, and I simply hope the brain can heal from Ativan at some point.  I don't want to wait 5 years.

I had the dragging down, heavy head thing before ever took Benzos and got an ME/CFS diagnosis but think it is actually hypermobility/Ehlers Danlos.