Sugar

[Fl...]

Question I Can't have any fruits. It enhances my withdrawals.  Is this normal unable to tolerate fruits? I know we can't have artificial sugar and msg.

I have extreme food sensitivity ever since iff valium. I took off most food items from my diets based on my reaction to each and in general anything high in glutamate.

Fruit wise, so far i had reaction to berries, grapes. Just reacted today to banana which i have been eating once everyday so that will go right away. Im still ok with apple, orange, all kinds of melons.

Are you having issues with all fruits? I feel mine is not to sugar contained in, but glutamate. I eat chinese dates everyday without problems. They are very high in sugar.

I moved to keto diet, under 20 grams of carbs per day. I notice less up and downs of WDs. More energy, and all around feel better. Not to mention once you get into ketosis you lose weight real fast. You want to make sure you’re getting magnesium, sodium, potassium of some form as it’s not in a lot of low carb foods. Just make sure you’re eating greens, nuts, and salt.

• 1 month later...

Question I Can't have any fruits. It enhances my withdrawals.  Is this normal unable to tolerate fruits? I know we can't have artificial sugar and msg.

All fruit is naturally high in fructose (a sugar). In withdrawal, fructose can upset the blood-sugar level and cause excessive insulin release, which will increase stress in the body (metabolic fluctuation -- as badsocref wrote, adrenal symptoms, digestive upset, pathogen overgrowth, eg. SIBO, etc.).

Fructose doesn't directly raise the blood sugar as fast as glucose, however, so you might not feel the effects immediately. Instead, fructose goes to the liver, where it needs to be converted to glucose. Problem is, many people in withdrawal cannot convert it well, which can increase inflammation, among other symptoms.

You might tolerate small amounts of blueberries, but I've see improvements in my w/d symptoms when I avoid fruit.

I hope this helps a little.

Berries are low gycemic.  So berries are okay.  The rest of all the other fruits..........bad.  REV you up bad.

We eat a lot of Wild Blueberries and/or organic Blueberries and Strawberries.  Sometimes I put them in the blender and sieve out the seeds put in a drink.  Blueberries also heal the brain.  You can look it up.

But we avoid all other Fruits.....they all have HIGH Sugar content in them.  I have a ways to go with my taper and no way am I touching anything with sugar.